Thanks and Finally...

Kitty Kat
on 5/30/06 7:00 am - Richmond, VA
Good pm all, I haven't posted very much recently due to our days being packed with activities from early am until the moonlit pm's. Sure has made for a good night's more often which I'm surely thankful for. There have been so many changes within our family and circle of friends and some outcomes have been tough to take but are turning out to be the best things for everyone involved. It's sure been a packed Spring and with Summer basically here inside of a few more weeks we are going at it with all kinds of things for sure. I've spent much time lately reflecting on myself and my life and have yet again come to the realization that I am spent time being so harsh on myself and have never truly celebrated me, my accomplishments and my many talents. For what ever the situation I can find a reason as to why I am not good enough or why a compliment isn't justified or why I can't possibly do something just as everyone else does. "You're beautiful" but I have all this excess skin. "You've done so well with WLS & weight loss" but I am not a my goal, am not happy with my weight, am not happy with my body and although I am focusing I am somehow feeling like I am just not going to get to where I once was pre-Nora. "You've had a baby" yes but almost 14 months ago. Those are just some of the thoughts I've had. It dawned on me in the last few weeks that I've really done well with many things and the fact is I have always been my own harshest critic regardless and if I don't lighten up and allow myself to feel good about anything at all then I will be miserable always. I have it on good authority that I'm not the only one that feels this way. Sometimes I just need to be reminded in ways that get to me that I am a success at so many things and I need to focus on the positives and realize that there will be trying days and there will be fabulous days. The last few weeks I've been here and there and all over the place. I have been meeting some new folks and learning and seeing what life has to offer. This weekend I had a lot of firsts. I thought after 3.5 years post op they had stopped but I am wrong. I cannot imagine the sweetness of life and the kindness and heart of others. They are proof that life has a way of showing it's beautiful side. Friday night I went over to one of my best friend's place and we watched Rumor Has It. As we sat there watching it we laughed so hard and cracked hard on the shear stupidity of the movie. It was nice to get out and just be silly for a bit. Saturday we were at home until the later pm. We had Jacob's 3rd birthday cookout here. He was so cute and got lots of really kewl toys and clothes. I went to dinner with a friend who treated me to Red Lobster. That was nice. Of course I had crab legs! In the later pm Becky & her neighbor Kate came to pick me up. We went a block over to some friends house and here's where the wow moment gets started. We initially went there to pick up Kate's cell phone which she'd left there earlier in the day. Well, as I figured we ended up getting out of the van and visiting for a bit. The minute I got throught the gate I was welcomed with open arms (Becky & Kate had been there earlier in the pm) and it was very nice to meet new folks. I was wearing a black tank top w/ capri pants and some new "earthy" sandals I've just bought. I felt and beautiful! ( Yep, ME I said it and typed it in print for the whole world to see/read OMG am I giggling like a kid right now cause for ONCE I believe I am sexy and beautiful and not just saying it). We were and listening to music when someone suggested karaoke. Hmmm I thought this could be interesting having only known these people for what an hour. OMG I had a blast. I got up there and belted out some tunes and felt so amazing. I felt like everyone was with me instead of me standing out. Around 11 ish pm we decided to leave and go . Oh man did we ever have a blast. It was myself, my sis and Kate along with Todd and Ricky 2 great guys. I got out on that floor and I felt like a princess. I danced with a few different people and felt like a million bucks. I even got a guy to come out and with me/us who was sitting at a table looking all party poopered out and man oh man did he have a great time as well. We saw some friends we hadn't seen in a while and just had so much fun. We danced until about 10 to 2 am. I could not believe how amazing it felt to fit right in and I was dancing like nobody's business and got so many compliments on how great I looked and how much fun I am and I FOR ONCE said "thank you" ( Thanks Keith...I will not forget you typing that to me and Thanks Kathie for the post-it note on the bedroom mirror as I fill in those blanks each morning) and kept on smiling and . I didn't have a care in the world those few hours we danced and laughed and smiled and carried on. I felt so beautiful and loved myself for me. This is where I bow and say my God job well done for learning a tough lesson about myself and that is believing in ME more often. Sunday we vegged here and hung out as a family and enjoyed the day. The weather has just been fabulous! We were lazy bums and enjoyed every second of it. Kayla asked us if we were going to do "nothing" all day to which we replied yep nothing all day long! Monday the girls and I hung out in the back yard and played and they loved the pool and it was wonderful. Monday night we went to another cookout and it was fantastic. Our kids (my sis's and mine) got to make some new friends with some other folks kids and it was fun times for us adults as well. We had good eats and great convos and it was a night of niceties and beautiful people. No one but my sister knew that I had surgery and I kept getting comments about how great I look and how do my sis and I keep our figures and such. I was giggling because I KNOW in my heart how hard I've worked and how hard I will continue to work to keep myself happy, healthy and proud. My God there is a list of people who I love and thank daily even if I don't say it to them. My head is high, my heart is full of and joy and my life is full of happy, beautiful moments with new leaves being turned over more and more. Thanks to my extended family here for your kind words and continued support. I am truly blessed with some many and so much. I feel so amazing and my journey I hope will get better and better with each passing day.
Kathy & Rich
on 5/30/06 8:15 am - Fairfax, VA
Keep the WOW moments and keep the realizations coming that you are beautiful and vibrant, that you are loved, that you are a good wife, that you are a good mother, that you are a good daughter, that you are a good sister, that you are a good friend, etc.... The list goes on and on... Kathy
Kitty Kat
on 5/30/06 8:53 am - Richmond, VA
Hiya Kathy! Yes M'am I sure will! Sometimes I get so caught up in finding something wrong/imperfect that I miss all the right things but this weekend I kid you not I felt (still feel) absolutely beautiful and sexy in my own ways and it was noticed by others with is just as peachy. I didn't worry whether my hair was just right or whether or not I looked ok or whether or not I fit in. I threw on my own outfit, put my brush through my hair and went! I was ME and loved every second of how good I felt (and still feel)! I didn't put on make up. I didn't get all fancy with the hair do. Just plain ole me! I also love the fact that a lot of the new friendships/relationships being developed are with those who have kids and are the ages of ours so we have lots of fun play dates and weekend get togethers coming up. In fact, Saturday nights (every) just a block away will be a get together with cooking out on the grill, karaoke, games of pool, a pool to swim in, darts and horse shoes. It's just fabulous! Isn't is true the saying "one door closes so others can open" or something like that? Thank you for your kind words. I AM all those things above and you are right the list DOES go on and on. I am doing more of what I want/like these days and love the fact we are on the go plenty then have the down time when we really need it. I am amazed at how much fun things can be and how much energy I have. I hope you and Rich and doing well and know you are in my thoughts and prayers often. I may not be on the boards much but everyone here are in my thoughts frequently. Hugs, Kat
Pat F.
on 5/30/06 7:27 pm - Richmond, VA
Ok, Kitty Kat it is about time you started to see how beautiful you are. Now maybe we can get more smiles out of you instead of frowns. You are saying what we all new to be true. Come on lets keep it up, live your life to the fullest and do not waste a momment of it. Thank you for all that you do for me and your dad. I have seen you grow so far and am very proud of you and all your endeavors.
Kitty Kat
on 5/30/06 11:54 pm - Richmond, VA
Momma thank you! You and Dad are welcome and I will not give up. I know that I'm tough to put up with but I'm a force to be reckoned with huh? I swear Mom you know how hard things have been but I'm surrounded by family and friends who genuinely love me and vice versa. It's just taken me time to catch up to that. ya, Kat
Ms Court
on 5/30/06 10:48 pm - Remington, VA
Kat, this was a wonderful post to start my day with. Very inspirational and helpful to me. I struggle with my self image and similar situations as you talk about. It sure is reassuring to know that it does get better. Thanks for sharing and having your story available. I wish I could express how much it means to me and how much it has helped me in the last year. Courtney
Kitty Kat
on 5/31/06 12:04 am - Richmond, VA
Oh you beautiful woman you, Thank you SO much for your kind words. I am glad sharing my experiences helps you. I read your profile EVERY time you update it! I want you to know that I think you are absolutely beautiful and you have such a vibrant and joyful personality. You are beautiful inside and out and you gotta know that woman! I mean look at that smile for craps sake! It DOES get better and I MEAN that. I love so much that fact that I am FINALLY catching up with things. It has taken me so long to catch up mentally and emotionally with the physical. I am just about there. So now when I'm told I am beautiful or look great it IS true because I believe it and see it for ME. You have done such an amazing job and your transformation is so sweet. Just allow yourself to feel what you are being told. It's true COURTNEY IS BEAUTIFUL & SEXY. Come on Court say it with me! Kat
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 944 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2279 views