What to bring?!

Sporty Jill
on 5/29/06 9:50 pm - Norfolk, VA
Definately chapstick. I was So thirsty afterwards that my lips dried out and got chapped. Also, I brought an extra pillow, and magazines. I actually looked at them while in bed. A bathrobe and slip on slippers. I did NOT want to bend over to put socks on. Oh, and my favorite smelling lotion was a big help also. (In making me feel comfortable that is). Good luck to ya! Jill 263/175 (and holding tightly)/145
Christine Hood
on 5/30/06 10:27 am - Fort Eustis, VA
Thanks Jill!
(deactivated member)
on 5/29/06 10:02 pm - I Do Believe .. I Do I Do .., VA
Well .. I can not add anything to your list sweety that has not already been added . I know for me .. I did not take much in .. I was so dopped up .. I could not have read a book if my life depended on it .. I did take my socks , my favorite blanket .. and chapstick .. My X did go out and get me some sugar free suckers .. I did not use them as I was scared of the SA .. Just take what you feel will make you comfortable ... OH .. I do reccomend .. take some smelly stuff .. your favorite perfume or bath wash .. that made me feel 100 % better once I was able to get up and bathe ... Best of luck to you sweety .. most important thing to get there is YOU ... !! Love ya .. TInk
Christine Hood
on 5/30/06 10:29 am - Fort Eustis, VA
All my lists and I almost forgot me!! OOps!! Thanks for keeping me straight! Thanks for the well-wishes! Love ya! Christine
(deactivated member)
on 5/30/06 12:28 am - Fairfax Station, VA
Hi Christine, I've read lists before, as Lei said, that were pages long about what to take! I ended up taking nothing - but what I wore in I wore out, (oh except for undies) and the usual toothpaste/brush, and chapstick that has been mentioned. Brush etc. I wore the hospital finery, I was pretty low keyed on what I took. But trust me, had I know the darling, cute, sexy, and my secret crush Anthony was going to visit me, I would have totally spruced up more!! Dianna came to see me, but I knew she would understand. I didn't take any reading material, just snoozed and walked. Christine, I envy you this time. It is so exciting. Be patient, and enjoy it. It will happen, all of it. The weight comes off, the inches come off, the sizes go down, it happens. Enjoy it and remember it. You'll never have another experience like this. Trust me on that!! And it does go fast. I read something the other day about success and gastric bypass and how important it is to put in the new habits at the beginning even though you're losing regardless of what you do. But to drink water, exercise, vitamins, all the stuff you're going to have to do for the rest of your life. Well wow, now who asked me my opinion on this, right!! But there you go. I'm so excited for you!! love donna
Christine Hood
on 5/30/06 10:37 am - Fort Eustis, VA
Hi Donna, The opinions may not have been asked for but DEFINITELY appreciated! That's the thing about everyone here...you always know what opinions we need and when (even without asking...that is TRUE FRIENDSHIP!! Love ya! Christine
Chyanne2u
on 5/30/06 1:19 am - Kings Mountain, NC
Hey Sweet Christine, I am so happy for you and the fact that you are about to enter a new phase of your life. I know you are a bit nervous but just relax and but this in God's hands. He always takes care of us and brings us through. As for what to take........I am at a loss about that because I have yet to go there. But it's coming.........my date is set definitely in stone now. July 3, 2006. This next month is going to be a dilly as I understand how you feel about your head spinning. The chap stick seems to be the most important thing to take besides yourself. Now you wouldn't want to forget YOU. Remember what Natalie always says.........It's all about YOU now.........YOU, YOU, YOU!! So have a "ME" party. My prayers are with you and I will keep you in my thoughts & prayers throughout your surgery and recooperation. I love you and look so forward to meeting you soon. See you on the "skinnyside" girlfriend!!! Love ya!!! Kathy
Christine Hood
on 5/30/06 10:41 am - Fort Eustis, VA
Thanks Kath! Congrats on your date! Only a month to go...I am telling you, it will fly by...and if you get the nesting thing that I got, please let me know and I will send you my address as by then my house will surely need another good scrub down! Can't wait to meet ya! Love ya! Christine
A10sFrau
on 5/30/06 9:32 am - Rockbridge Co., VA
Take your own pillow! Lois (From far SW VA today)
Christine Hood
on 5/30/06 10:42 am - Fort Eustis, VA
pillow, check! Thanks Lois! Have fun in far SW VA!! Christine
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 944 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2279 views