All Moved In... Finally!

KathieKathie
on 5/29/06 11:31 pm - Manassas, VA
Well, the move was as uneventful as I hoped it would be. The movers were there Friday morning about 8:15, and were all finished up at 12:00 on the dot. We cleaned my old apartment, primed the "red wall" (I miss my red wall already!), and turned the keys in Saturday morning. So, it's all done. Bye-bye independence, bachelorettehood, and all that. Do I regret it? Nope. Not a chance. But the thought of now suddenly cooking for two of us... when cooking for one the past couple years consisted of just popping a Lean Cuisine in the microwave is, to say the least, rather daunting. Me? Terrified? You betcha. I think tonight I'm going to open the South Beach diet book I have on my cookbook shelf (half of which is unpacked so far...) and do some cramming. After, of course, I unpack a few more boxes. The phrase "10 lbs of crap in a 5lb bag" comes to mind right now! But I can find my clothes. I can get to the bathroom. I know where my toothbrush, hair dryer, and makeup are. Now, if only I could find my makeup brushes! And frankly, I don't have any energy to spare to think about wedding planning yet. Is that a good thing, or a bad thing? Got plenty of time, I'll just worry about it tomorrow. I've been saying for the past couple months, "I'll worry about it after the move. One thing at a time!" ~K
Kitty Kat
on 5/30/06 12:11 am - Richmond, VA
Morning Kathie, Glad the move has been uneventful. I hope the unpacking and set up goes well. I wouldn't stress over the wedding plans at this point. Just enjoy your new place of residence and begin making memories. Take care, Kat
Ms Court
on 5/30/06 12:55 am - Remington, VA
Kathie I am glad things went so smooth. Sounds like life is going great for you. I am so excited to read about your happiness. Courtney
Christina R.
on 5/30/06 1:27 am - Reston, VA
Kathie- Take one thing at a time! Too many major stresses at once and you'll get run down. Glad to hear that the move was uneventful. As for the cooking for two...I put that stress on myself when I got married.....come to find out, I usually was cooking and then my hubby finally told me that he usually wasn't that hungry at night! We've gone back to the "microwave" meals or cook once, eat all week type of things. SO...my advice would be to check with your sweetie about what he wants/expects (not that they always get what they want/expect! heehee). Take care....take it one day at a time! Christina S
Ernurse323
on 5/30/06 1:35 am - Virginia Beach, VA
Wow Kathy !!! Sounds like alota good changes for you goin on !!! Is all this in your profile? I feel out of the hoop here. Are you getting married? Congrats on everything !!! Moving is a pain..but change is good !! Dana
(deactivated member)
on 5/30/06 9:58 am - I Do Believe .. I Do I Do .., VA
Sounds like things are really looking up for you . I can tell you are happy . .and that is awesome .. you deserve it .. Hang in there gurly .. Wedding planning can be exhausting .. HUgs, Natalie
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 944 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2279 views