What's Happening... (Long)

A10sFrau
on 5/28/06 9:30 pm - Rockbridge Co., VA
I haven't made any substantial posts in while but have decided to this morning because I am being so organized--THAT because so much is on the calendar for the next 2+ weeks. Saturday I rode the motorcycle to Rolling Thunder (got the t-shirt ) where I stayed for long enough to take pictures than rode on over to my sister's in Silver Spring for her daughter's graduation from college get together. Glad I went since it was a small group--family with only one of her former high school friends showing up. Rode back Saturday evening because I had intended to do some yard work prior to all the things I have I my plate. Changed my mind . What's new?? Taped a good documentary off HBO for use in my Developmental Psych class next year, yakked with Dusty (24 y.o. son I rarely mention) then went off to get in at least an hour's hike with our one physically sound dog. Sometimes I feel like I run a physical therapy clinic for dogs with structural problems. We love them, though, and they will be our fur kids until their times are up. Hiked up and back at Apple Orchard Falls for exactly one hour after having been stopped by 2 different law enforcement officers on the 20 minute drive! (Local constable reminded me aiout my sticker and inquired about Cody. US Park Police asked me to take off my glasses to see if I had been drinking. I was driving faster than he thought I should, but below the speed limit. I was most pleasant with him, knowing when it is time to suck up ). Got the heart rate up to 140. Winston wasn't as maniacal as usual. I think it is the rising temperature. Came home and jumped on the bike again. The weather was too wonderful to allow the day to pass without a ride. I headed east to Rt. 29, north to Rt. 151 and Nelson Co. LOVE that Rt. 56 which is full of twisties and turnies. I am amazed however, at the n uts who are out there walking on this narrow curvy road WITH THEIR SMALL CHILDREN--because they don't want to drive from the campground to Crabtree Falls. Children's lives are certainly wrth more than a minor inconvenience. After stopping at the great little General Store at Montebello (terrific stop!!) I headed back out and went about 1/2 miles when I noticed my left pants leg getting wet. Gas was pouring from somewhere. To make a long story short, the pet**** had come loose and I had to hold it in ALL the way home. At least I could! This was about 35 miles worth of bent over. Not so uncomfortable for someone who has lost 89 pounds! Today at 1pm I leave with my top 6 seeds for the Girls' Regional Tennis Tourney in Galax. BUT, I have to go to school and make up lesson plans for 5 preps first. And, get lunch foods so the kids can pack for work. AND, after I pack up my things at home and TENNIS things at school. I wanted to walk in Glasgow, but I think I need to get movin' here in a minute--toward the school. The motel lists an indoor pool, and I am taking my new bathing suit! Hopefully I will get in 18 laps (Olympic pool laps, which will prob translate to 52 laps in a motel pool ). Come back Wednesday night. Vet's appt that afternoon. Meet 'n Greet Saturday. Bill Engvall show Sat. night. THEN all that last week of school stuff! Need to fit in a tennis awards dinner. We are missing the school's awards night while we are gone. Free (insurance) health screening the 8th. Dentist for fillings the 8th. 5 month visit to Dr. Kellum the 9th. Mandatory attendance at Graduation evening of the 9th. Rally in the Valley--hope Jill and Jon can make it now--the 10th. After these 2 busy weeks: Dad and Sis visit weekend of the 17th. Class at JMU the last week of June. VHSL Coaches Clinic the week of July 12. I was very excited LAST WEEK when I got down to 178, -89 pounds, fainlly merely overweight. This past week I was slack in my food journal and did eat more carbs than I know I can and still lose. Weighed this a.m., after having been dedicated to exercise and protein only this weekend--durn. The weight bounced up a little. I know it is a blip. Probably a good thing, since I am going to be gone for 2 days, away from my normal food selections. I resolve NOT to eat unnecessary carbs while on this trip! AND, to WALK every morning early, before we report to the tourney!! Had been concerned about being gone and portable protein drinks. I didn't want to drink up my last 12 AchievOnes which I use as treats now. I checked out GNC Friday to see what they have that is no sugar. I came away with the Isopure Zero Carb 20 oz. premixed for much less than the AchievOnes, since the AchievOnes cost so much to ship. I also spied an Isopure fruit-type dry protein mix in a 3 pound container, that I intend to try when I run low on my Nectar. My friend and colleague, Diana Sidi is going for her pre-op tomorrow. She is getting nervous and is coming to the Meet n' Greet for support. We will see you all there on Saturday! Have a happy and peaceful week Lois
Christine Hood
on 5/29/06 12:43 am - Fort Eustis, VA
Hey Lois, Your life sounds like mine! Can't seem to get a moments peace. By the way, where do you get the AchievOnes? Thanks Christine
Jennifer V.
on 5/29/06 1:40 am - Waynesboro, VA
WHEW !! You make me tired. I thought life with three teenagers was hectic but goodness, I feel like a hermit next to you. Sounds like you're squeezing everything you can out of life. Some day soon, I'm confident I'll have the energy to do all you do. Have a great sunny day. Jenn
(deactivated member)
on 5/29/06 8:56 pm - Grass.Shack.by.da'Beach, VA
G'morning Lois ~ Isn't it a wonderful feeling when you become all consumed with LIFE and all it's constant tugs and pulls, but find that you're actually able to juggle it ALL now? No more pickin' and choosin' the least strenuous of activities, or maybe the one that'll allow you to "sit" the most. You're no longer limited because of your weight, and as BUSY as your life has gotten - you can tell you're loving every second of it. Thanks for the update, don't forget to plug it into your profile! ~ Lei
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 944 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2279 views