staples club meeting on the 5th

dreana1974
on 5/28/06 10:59 am - Manassas, VA
RNY on 05/09/06 with
Hey Betsy! Mexico was awsome!! I was really suprised at the level of care I got there. And recovering on a resort wasn't so shabby either.lol......... Thanks for the compliments. Hugs, Andrea
Kathy & Rich
on 5/28/06 9:04 pm - Fairfax, VA
I'm in the I-didn't-recognize-Andrea club too. I should be at the support group meeting on the 5th. Congratulations on your surgery and your amazing progress thus far. Best wishes, Kathy
dreana1974
on 5/28/06 10:43 pm - Manassas, VA
RNY on 05/09/06 with
Thanks Kathy! I hope to see you there. Hugs, Andrea
Ms Court
on 5/30/06 1:40 am - Remington, VA
Hey Kathy, don't forget to bring your favorite dish & recipe. Courtney
Christina R.
on 5/28/06 10:39 pm - Reston, VA
Andrea! I'm hoping to make it to the group...depends on work. You're looking great! Keep up the good work! Christina S
dreana1974
on 5/28/06 10:46 pm - Manassas, VA
RNY on 05/09/06 with
Hey Christina! I hope you can make it, I would love to meet you. Hugs, Andrea
Ms Court
on 5/30/06 1:42 am - Remington, VA
Hey Christina don't forget that this month's meeting is recipe/food exchange. Courtney
Christina R.
on 5/31/06 5:16 am - Reston, VA
Courtney- I had no idea! I wasn't at last months meeting! I'm still pre-op and I'll be coming from work! Any thoughts for me on what to bring? I'm looking forward to seeing all of the "options" because this is certainly one area I can see myself doing the bland for a long time.... If you have any thoughts, email me....otherwise maybe I'll just bring water and protien powder! heehee! Christina S
Ms Court
on 5/30/06 12:24 am - Remington, VA
Andrea, I plan on being there. This month's meeting is a pot luck recipe exchange. You are supposed to bring your favorite post op dish and the recipe to go with it to share. Hope to see you. Courtney
~ Julie ~
on 5/30/06 9:54 am - Reston, VA
RNY on 04/18/06 with
Haha, what if all I eat is pureed stuff? I also had some Chipotle a couple weeks back, here is the recipe: Go to Chipotle. Order from the leering man in the shirt that says "I made the guacamole." or "I marinated the steak." Skip the rice, make it a bowl instead of a burrito. Pay. Take home and puree. Eat little bits of this for about a week or until it goes bad (or until you can't stand to look at it anymore.) Does this count?? Seriously, I eat pureed refried beans, pureed corned beef hash (though I'm over this now, I don't like how greasy it can be ), and cottage cheese (my favorite, I eat this for breakfast always and some other meals too). Sometimes some baby food fruit/vegetables if I'm feeling spontaneous (I could puree regular ones but what is the point, baby food is pretty inexpensive). Yesterday I pureed some canned lentil soup (drained the fluid), that was a treat. (please, anyone with pureed food ideas, send them to me. All of them. Now. ) I doubt people who are even a little farther post op would be interested any current post op recipes that I might have. Though I could puree some refried beans and us new post ops could gather and ooh and ahh. Recipe: Open can of Old El Paso.... Julie PS: My sister is 17 months post op, but she doesn't cook.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 944 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2279 views