OH NO...I lost meself...

Betsy Anitahug
on 5/23/06 8:33 pm - Danville, VA
Last night I was talking on the phone with Tink and she told me that I could change my pictures...well, I deleted mine and was adding a new one and it was too big...now I can't get any pictures back up...any ideas? I will try this afternnon to get a new one back up but for now I am not there!!! tried to resize but didn't work. Help... Hugs, Betsy
(deactivated member)
on 5/23/06 8:37 pm - Grass.Shack.by.da'Beach, VA
Yep - just go back to the MAIN MESSAGE BOARD - access "USER SETTINGS" (like you did to make a "specialized signature" and like you did to "delete the first picture". Make sure before you add the NEW PICTURE that you resize it to 100 by 100, if it's not resized BEFORE you upload the photo, then the OH site will either STRETCH it or SQUI**** to make it fit. AFTER YOU resize it and then upload to the OH site - you then have to hit "Ctrl F5" on your keyboard to REFRESH that page. If you don't hit Ctrl F5, it'll show what ever the existing page was (prolly a blank question mark?) ....it's easy to mess around with, a few bugs need to be hammered out, but for now, just keep MANUALLY refrehsing after EVERY change you make there (delete, add, adjust, etc). Hope that makes sense!
A10sFrau
on 5/23/06 8:40 pm - Rockbridge Co., VA
Betsy, Great minds think alike and screw up alike, too. i did the same thing last night and wrote to Amy Williams asking for help. Hope we can regain our faces. Lois
A10sFrau
on 5/23/06 8:43 pm - Rockbridge Co., VA
Last night I performed the routine you suggested Lei, and kept getting an error message saying the server couldn't be reached and to contact the administrator. I am sure it is some error on my part. Lois
(deactivated member)
on 5/23/06 8:50 pm - Grass.Shack.by.da'Beach, VA
Aaaaw, it's all a LEARNING CURVE right now, so it's not really an error on your part - the OH system still has a few bugs that need to be stomped out. Trust me, I got the SAME ERROR you and Betsy got. I kept changing my mind about what photo to post as the new one, and everytime this fickle chick would delete one and try to add a new one, I'd get the error. I found, if I deleted then hit Ctrl F5, then browsed my hard drive, added another one, then hit Ctrl F5 again, it would eventually clear out the old caches. I'd be happy to HELP YOU ADD YOUR NEW ONE, but for me to do that, you'll have to give up your profile password. Can't access your account without it. Also, you'd have to SEND THE PHOTO YOU WANT ADDED over to me so I can recrop and resize it. I saw the one you added last night Lois, it looked like it was not resized BEFORE the upload? Making it distorted on the screen. IF that's the one you're wanting to add and you want help, hollar back - otherwise, if you want to keep playing with it on your side of the screen......... REPEAT the above steps (and from my post to Betsy) and it really WILL take. lol, just take a lotta patience and persistance with you, I was ready to pull my very thin hair out, until I figured out the "refresh" problems. ....Lei
Betsy Anitahug
on 5/24/06 4:30 am - Danville, VA
Hi Lois...Apparently, Lei got me back....Maybe if you don't have any luck, you can send her a picture and she can get you back again! She is an amazing lady... Hugs, Betsy
(deactivated member)
on 5/23/06 10:01 pm - Grass.Shack.by.da'Beach, VA
Hello again Betsy - I got your email with the new photo, cropped it (left your grandson in the shot, let me know if you want him cropped out of it) ....but now that Im trying to access your profile it's saying the "Password and Account Name" does NOT exist. It's NOT the same error you're getting when you load the picture, this is the error you get before you can even log INTO the system at all. Can you CHECK the email you sent over with that info on it and make sure there are NO typos, or that it's the correct info. I can load it once I can access your account - it's already cropped and ready to go. Hugs - Lei
(deactivated member)
on 5/23/06 10:42 pm - Fairfax Station, VA
...where's Betsy!! love donna
Betsy Anitahug
on 5/23/06 11:34 pm - Danville, VA
Hi Donna....Me thinks I am hiding...hehe...I can't see the new pictures but Lei sees it...Must not be my kind of day. Hope you are having a wonderful day and I love your new picture. Hugs, Betsy
(deactivated member)
on 5/23/06 10:54 pm - Grass.Shack.by.da'Beach, VA
It's been added/fixed. If you CAN'T see it on your screen, just hit Ctrl F5 to refresh your 'puter!
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 944 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2279 views