Pumpkin seeds

kizie23
on 5/23/06 10:08 am - blacksburg, VA
I went to see my surgeon today. My appointment went well. The nurse was eating pumpkin seeds. She asked me if I wanted to taste them. OMG, they were great. I asked her where she got them from. She said a farmers market close to where she lived. She said that she was told a place called Eats had them here in Blacksburg. Its an organic store. So, when I got back home I went there. Low in the hole, they had them. I know that there are 8grams of protein in 1/4 cup. I also know the carbs were low as well as the calories. I did not write the specific numbers. Just in case anyone wanted to try them. Melissa
MrsTonyaBrown
on 5/23/06 10:13 am - Jacksonville, FL
I LIVE off these things for snack. I buy them in the grocery store. Only 4g carbs to 8g of protein, but like 160 calories for that 1/4 cup, so I keep to that 1/4 cup a day. When I run out of these, I tend to graze on other things and stop losing weight. And yes, they taste awesome! Tonya
A10sFrau
on 5/23/06 10:20 am - Rockbridge Co., VA
I'll have to see if I can find them locally. i know I can get them at the Co-op in Roanoke, but that is way on the other side of town from my normal haunts. I think I would be happier with the pumpkin seeds than with the sunflower seeds, because they are bigger. Thanks for the info you guys. Lois
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 944 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2279 views