Turtle Heads????..hehehe

Ernurse323
on 5/22/06 11:56 am - Virginia Beach, VA
Haaaaa..I knew you guys would look !!! Friday I was dressed for a meeting and on my way to my mom's house so she could watch my baby while I attended. Leaving my neighborhood, out on a main road, the city is doing major construction...putting in hundreds of new houses that our area so does not need.. Many trees and undeveloped land is being torn up. I got my truck up to about 45 mph when I see this turtle crossing the road. I thought to myself, " Self, why oh why did you have to see this??????? There is no way that you can keep driving, NOT TURNING back and do nothing !!!" So yes, I turn back, as I am praying he is not all over the road...and stop heavy traffic...pick him up, as he sh*ts all down my hand, arm, and leg, and gets murky swampish smelling water all over me.... and I place him out of the road, towards the destination he was going .. and on his way to a new man-made lake. I don't know if he survived all the tractors over in that area or not. But I knew I could not just keep driving and do nothing like everyone else was doing.... Too busy with their own lives or too heartless to care. That is NOT me.. When I pulled up to him he had retracted into his shell ...wanting to escape this crazy mess he had gotten himself into but didn't know how...... I thought about this situation all weekend.... (And while I was in the meeting hoping everyone didn't realize that god aweful smell was coming from me !!! ) Yes, I know you guys probably think I need a few strong ones or a prescription of Prozac...But I just wanted to share this one. For some reason that turtle symbolized alot in my life...and what I feel about humanity in general at times. Lots of Luv !!! Dana
Betsy Anitahug
on 5/22/06 1:57 pm - Danville, VA
Dana, Honey, I would have done the same thing!!!! LOL but did he have to s**t on you too? My goodness, you saved his life....well, that is the way my life goes too. LOL I just bet you smelled like the man in Christine's post...hehe. Love ya bunches... Hugs, Betsy
Sharon Q.
on 5/22/06 10:38 pm - Fredericksburg, VA
OMG DANA!!!! I figured when I opened this it was gonna be a bust talk about the twin men on DEAL OR NO DEAL last night!!! They totally looked like turtles with their skinny bodies and bald heads!!! So glad you saved a poor turtles life though, a much more important message than I was anticipating!!! XOXOXOXOOOOXOXOOX Sharon
(deactivated member)
on 5/22/06 11:04 pm - Remington, VA
LOL Sharon, My husband kept calling them aids patients.....he's kinda mean to say the least but those guys were too funny! Kirsten
Sharon Q.
on 5/22/06 11:19 pm - Fredericksburg, VA
OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH, I love your new picture!!!! You are so beautiful!!!!! That is so funny your hubby called them aids patients!!! They did look really bad with bald heads............I think you gotta have some meat on your bones to pull that look off. Maybe if they hit the gym instead of just running??? LOL, I dunno, but my girls are the ones who said they looked like turtles, and we were laughing our butts off over that!! I do love that show!!! XOOXOOXOXOOOXOXO Sharon
(deactivated member)
on 5/22/06 11:30 pm - Remington, VA
AWWW you're making me blush....thank you! From the mouths of babes.....kids can be so honest! I will have to laugh every time I walk into my sons elementary school....their mascot? you guessed it....turtles....and they're everywhere in there! I love turles though! Kirsten
(deactivated member)
on 5/22/06 10:45 pm - Fairfax Station, VA
Dana, I can't tell you how many times I have stopped, in my little neighborhood, for turtles crossing the street and gotten out of the car and moved them. I moved one, I am sure it was the same one, probably about 4 times and then just drove him to Bulls Run Marina and gave him a whole new outlook on life!! You did good!! You would not have had a good day if you hadn't of done that. And yes, I am sure he survived!! love donna
(deactivated member)
on 5/22/06 11:02 pm - Remington, VA
Dana, I think what you did was awesome! My husband passed a turtle theother day....we live somewhat in the country....a housing development surrounded by the country to be exact(oh and they're building another development adjacent to ours--another unnecessary one that will increase the traffic on our back country roads!anyway!). Later we passed that same turtle and I was so sad to see he was smashed all over the road. If only my husband had been more humane! I of course yelled at him fo rit. Point? Either we both need padded cells or were just good girls! Kirsten
Cinderellen
on 5/22/06 11:40 pm - Winterville, NC
Moral of the story..... Next time, don't sqeeze the turtle so hard!! That was very nice of you Dana, I have passed by more than my share of them and wished later that I'd stopped to help. Take Care. ~Ellen
Michele R.
on 5/23/06 12:05 am - Pittsfield, MA
Don't you know that getting shat on by a turtle is good luck in foreign countries?! It was it's way of saying "Oh my goodness I am scared ****less can't you tell sweet lady helping me". He would have been turtle road pizza had you left him so it was very sweet that you did pick him up. Very kind. You WILL go to HEAVEN for this random act of kindness. Hugs! Shele
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 944 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2279 views