Thanks Kathy!!!!

kabarron1
on 5/22/06 12:29 am - Hopewell, VA
I think you nailed it there with the Ferrous Sulfate. That is exactly what I was taking. And what's funny......the GI doctor told me, right before releasing me, that I needed to go ahead and double up on my Iron. Its amazing how little these doctors know about WLS. First they did that blind NG on me and then tell me to double my dose of Ferrous Sulfate! Thanks for clueing me in on that. I'll need to pick up some of the right type of iron this afternoon. Keith
Betsy Anitahug
on 5/22/06 12:32 am - Danville, VA
Hi Keith, So glad to see your smiling face back on the boards...I was so worried about you. I sure hope you are feeling better now. Just please be careful. We need you around here! Well, Sweetie...just know that I have been thinking about you and you were in my thoughts and prayers. Hugs, Betsy Momma Clucker
(deactivated member)
on 5/22/06 1:37 am - I Do Believe .. I Do I Do .., VA
Last year I did a video for the EMT's and Emergency room personel for the state of VA . And all of this was covered . Makes me wonder how much training they really get for us . When I heard you where Blind NG Tubed I about fainted ... Please watch for any signs of soreness . I am sure you have .. and get with your WLS doctor asap if your tummy gives you any problems ... I am so so glad you are better ... or atleast healing ... As to the iron ... amazing ... again .. what in the world .. all doctors need to be trained on how to handle us .. Hugs, Natalie
kabarron1
on 5/22/06 2:18 am - Hopewell, VA
Nat, I'm certain they didn't poke a whole in my pouch because my GI doctor, who treated my prior bleed, came in and scoped me with a camera and all. So I'm sure he would've noticed a hole had there been one. Remind me and I'll show you the nifty picture I got of my ulcer!! Kind of nasty to be honest! Hugs, Keith
Kathy & Rich
on 5/22/06 1:46 am - Fairfax, VA
You are most welcome! I've learned so much in two years between pre-op scouring around before Rich's surgery until now and I've definitely learned to read alot and absorb like a sponge. I keep copies of all my own labs and I'm learning to look for patterns before deficiencies start. Don't need to go there. Many doctors need more education on this stuff. I just found out I have a selenium deficiency. I went back to looking at the vitamins I took early on and they have 0 selenium. Oopsies! I never was told to take one that had it. We did switch to Centrum Silver Chewables and they have them but at one time couldn't find them and went back to the Kirkland Childrens for a few months. Then back to the Centrums when we found them. Well wouldn't you know I've had pain problems... from September to November and then from March onto now and now I wonder if it is the selenium which can cause cartilage issues, osteoarthritis, etc... I'm on a supplement now and we'll see if this fixes this. How weird would that be after so long of thinking it was a "plumbing" issue...and then realizing it was rib cartilage... now it is a vitamin deficiency. Kathy
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 944 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2279 views