New to message board

Kate J.
on 5/21/06 9:26 pm - Hampton, VA
Hi everyone! :help: I am normally a lurker:uhoh:, but waiting for ins approval has driven me out of my comfort zone! I had my "last" appointment two weeks ago, and while I don't want to be a pest, I am dying to hear from someone! Would you call the doctors office, or the ins co? or would you wait? TIA! Newbie Kate
Christina R.
on 5/22/06 6:56 am - Reston, VA
Kate- Welcome to the VA Board! You'll find lots of supportive folks here to welcome you. If you'd like you could call your Dr's office...just to remind them you're waiting! I did this and was jokingly told not to pester them (it was a joke..honest!). From the day my paperwork was submitted by my surgeon's office to the day the called me with the good news was almost a full month....so I wouldn't worry just yet. Again, welcome! Christina S
(deactivated member)
on 5/22/06 8:17 am - I Do Believe .. I Do I Do .., VA
Kate . Welcome out of Lerkdom LOL .. I can tell you that you are the consumer here ... and your life depends on this surgery . For me ... I called them until I knew. But in my case the paperwork was submited on a Weds Morning ... at 0900 and I was approved by noon the same day .. So I really had no wait . But I do counsel others and tell them what I am telling you .. Call them .. Best wishes to you ... and many hugs , Natalie
Betsy Anitahug
on 5/22/06 8:45 am - Danville, VA
Hi there, Kate....Welcome to the best board there is. The people here are such a loving group and they care. For goodness sakes, call and pester!!!! We have all been there and some are still waiting! No more lurking...we want to get to know you! Hugs, Betsy
Michele R.
on 5/22/06 10:37 am - Pittsfield, MA
Welcome Kate! Glad you came out of hiding! The wait is a real pain in the tail. 1st wait for a consult. 2nd wait for pre op appts. 3rd wait for doc to get results. 4th wait for doc to put in papers to ins. 5th wait for ins to view papers. 6th wait for answer. 7th wait for surgery date. 8th wait for puree. 9th wait for soft solids. 10th wait for solids. 11th wait for weight to come off. 12th wait for 1st 100 lbs to be gone. 13th wait for your one year rebirth day. 14th wait for ps approval. 15th wait for ps consult. 16th wait for ps date. 17th wait for ps to heal. A WHOLE LOT OF WAITING! Sit back..chat a while and enjoy the ride!!!!!! Hugs! Shele WAITING for surgery on 31MAY after 5 yr waiting!
Ernurse323
on 5/22/06 10:42 am - Virginia Beach, VA
Hiya Newbie Kate !!! I used Dr T's partner, Dr Clark !! I called all the time. I am sure they got sick of me calling. I just couldn't wait...I mean..this is what you are living for at this moment..and they SHOULD understand that. And if they don't, well, that is there problem..hehehe At least they are getting paid to take our annoying calls. A matter of fact, I just called the office there today !!! And PLEASE keep us informed of your news !!! Good luck and don't be so quiet !!!! Dana
Shanana
on 5/22/06 11:19 am - Altavista, VA
Welcome to the board. You will be a loser before you know it. Shannon
Christine Hood
on 5/22/06 11:58 am - Fort Eustis, VA
Hey Kate! Welcome to the BEST board on the site!! I would call EVERYONE!! Good luck!! We all know what it feels like to wait!! We will all be here to support you along the way...you probably already know that if you have already been lurking Christine
(deactivated member)
on 5/22/06 11:37 pm - Remington, VA
Kate, Welcome to the board! Call away! You are your own best advocate! Kirsten
Kate J.
on 5/23/06 1:06 am - Hampton, VA
Guess what? Before this was even posted on the site, I got a letter from my insurance company! I am approved!:cool: I called the Doctors office and left a message so I guess they will call me soon! Thanks for the warm welcome, and great support! Kate
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 944 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2279 views