Nesting???

Christine Hood
on 5/21/06 9:33 am - Fort Eustis, VA
Has anyone else gone through this pre-op "nesting" phase. I have never been pregnant so I don't officially know about nesting but this sure feels like it! I have ripped apart every closet and can't seem to get things clean enough...unfortunately in the process I am making more mess!! UGH!!! I am driving myself but all I want to do is clean and throw things out!! Christine
Kathy & Rich
on 5/21/06 9:42 am - Fairfax, VA
I get a wee bit of nesting premenstrually. Wish I got more of it. Wi**** was a tablet I could take when I need it. If you are done with your house... I could send you my address. Kathy
Christine Hood
on 5/21/06 9:49 am - Fort Eustis, VA
Hey Kathy, How did I know I would get that response? I actually expected Lei to be the first smarty pants to send her address (and remind me how close I am to her and even offer that we can go out to lunch after I finish her house).LOL. I would gladly spread the wealth but unfortunately I have managed to rip apart my entire house and now have 10 days before my mom comes to get it all back where it belongs! (and I'll be working 7 of those days....ugh!!) Sooo....if I happen to finish with time to spare (and enough time to add in a drive to and from Norva) sure, you can send your address!! Christine
jilldennis
on 5/21/06 11:33 am - White Post, VA
RNY on 08/30/05 with
Well....like Kathy said - when you are finished with yours and hers...I'm not too far from her...I need all the help I can get! I did get that same thing before my surgery too. I cleaned everthing! My mom came up the day before my surgery and was shocked that I actually had all of the laundry done! (I hate doing laundry!) It was strange...I wish I could get that feeling back again! Hugs! Jill
(deactivated member)
on 5/21/06 8:36 pm - Fairfax Station, VA
LOL - woooohooooo, and you're (pullin' out mapquest) only about 10 miles from me? You work my "grass shack" into your social calendar and I'll start working on a LIST of things that need to be cleaned. [ Wow, she even does closets? ...making note to clean out that ...um... specific closet, myself]. Well, sweet stuff, Ive been PREGO's and I've had the BYPASS and I can tell you that for me? ..... "once a slug, always a slug". Ive always been ALLERGIC to anything remotely defined as housework and skipped that nesting stage all together. BUT - that being said? I always promised myself that I would help out a fellow-nester in need, so MY NEST is YOUR NEST .... when can you be here? Love ya (even before you offered to clean my place) Lei Psssst.... when you get to the office, clear your schedule OFF for FRIDAY, okay? Let's plan on lunch, sushi, at OTANI Japanese Steakhouse on Hilltop. You, Me, Carole, Jill, Eileen, Wendy and whoever else wants to join us. Friday at noon? ...can you do it? Okay - gotta run, need to jump in the shower and head out to the hospital. Have a great day, chick-a-dee!
(deactivated member)
on 5/21/06 8:39 pm - Grass.Shack.by.da'Beach, VA
Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr - owl! SORRY that last post was from ME, not from DONNA!!!! I worked on her profile last week on the desktop computer and never logged out - uh, as you can see by the gorgeous smile that's staring back at you on that last post, it wasn't MINE! - Lei
(deactivated member)
on 5/21/06 8:47 pm - Grass.Shack.by.da'Beach, VA
. Soooooooooooo - let's try this again, shall we? Oh, and DONNA MAE? Next time, write your own posts, missy ma'am - sheeeez, I gotta clean for you, do your laundry, cook dinner and now .....POST for you too? ......what?? WHAT?? It's early! Okay, this time I REALLY GOTTA RUN, Eileen F. is on her way over (love you girlfriend) and I should at least get outta my jammies before she does, right? ============== REPOST BELOW =============== . . LOL - woooohooooo, and you're (pullin' out mapquest) only about 10 miles from me? You work my "grass shack" into your social calendar and I'll start working on a LIST of things that need to be cleaned. [ Wow, she even does closets? ...making note to clean out that ...um... specific closet, myself]. Well, sweet stuff, Ive been PREGO's and I've had the BYPASS and I can tell you that for me? ..... "once a slug, always a slug". Ive always been ALLERGIC to anything remotely defined as housework and skipped that nesting stage all together. BUT - that being said? I always promised myself that I would help out a fellow-nester in need, so MY NEST is YOUR NEST .... when can you be here? Love ya (even before you offered to clean my place) Lei Psssst.... when you get to the office, clear your schedule OFF for FRIDAY, okay? Let's plan on lunch, sushi, at OTANI Japanese Steakhouse on Hilltop. You, Me, Carole, Jill, Eileen, Wendy and whoever else wants to join us. Friday at noon? ...can you do it? Okay - gotta run, need to jump in the shower and head out to the hospital. Have a great day, chick-a-dee!
Shanana
on 5/21/06 9:05 pm - Altavista, VA
I had those thoughts preop but only did what I was able to do. I get alot of the thoughts now but they dont materialize LOL. I do feel good when I can throw stuff out or give it away. Just feels good. Need to do that soon. Really am thinking about rearranging furniture. Hasnt been done for years. I am able now but just cant stand the disorganization that comes with it. I have enough of that! LOL Shannon
Christina R.
on 5/21/06 10:10 pm - Reston, VA
Christine- I've still got about 2 months to go and I'm already starting to feel a little of this. We're moving 3 weeks before my surgery, AND my entire family (sister, bro-in-law, 3 nieces and parents) is coming to town the week before!!! So, I'm already planning that I'll be spending alot of time unpacking and getting things just so before they get here....I've already started to prepare my husband that I'm gonna be freaking out a bit. I guess the up side of that is that I know my parents (who are staying on after my surgery) can help with the stuff I don't end up getting too. They've even offered to help repaint the entire new place! I can see it now...me in the recliner saying "You missed a spot"....heehee.... So...not sure if it's normal or not, but if it's not you and I are making it normal for some! Christina S.
elizabethc03
on 5/21/06 10:41 pm - Cypress, TX
Christine, I had the same thing happen, it was actually worse than when I was pregnant with my daughter. I chalked it up to nervous energy . At least you're getting your spring cleaning done. Liz
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 944 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2279 views