PS Appeal .. What a Rat Race

(deactivated member)
on 5/22/06 12:11 am - I Do Believe .. I Do I Do .., VA
OK .. for those that do not know . I appealed my PS . And found out today that once again it was denied . I called the lady at Anthem .. she said .. we would have approved it , but your Employeer will not let us cover it , being it has to do with Obesity and Cosmetics . I once again told her .. THIS HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH COSMETIC AND THAT SHE HAS MY LETTER FROM THE DOCTOR STATING MEDICAL NECESSITY .. So , I called my Benefits lady .. who tells me that # 1. They should have never put me up to calling them to ask them to approve .. that if my doctor submitted a letter of med nec .. it should be approved . And that if Anthem needed to talk to them .. they could call ..She put me on hold and came back and said she would straighten this out by talking to our account manager for Anthem .. So .. what do you think ... is this just another way of running in the rat race .. or will they go ahead and just approve it already .. I am so tired of this .. I feel like I am getting jerked around once again .. The lady from my benefits department is going to be calling me back . And let's hope that it is good news ... Hugs, Tink
Michele R.
on 5/22/06 12:21 am - Pittsfield, MA
Keep your chin up Tink...It will go through. You know the waiting game. You will have your approval soon. I can feel it in my bones! Hugs! Shele
Bigdanva70
on 5/22/06 12:25 am - Radford, VA
I have Anthem also and they had no problem with my WLS unlike Cigna. But I have not looked into PS or I guess the correct term is reconstructive surgery for Anthem. I do know that I will really need it for the tummy, but I am have to wait awhile for that. Keep up the good fight!!!!
(deactivated member)
on 5/22/06 12:54 am - I Do Believe .. I Do I Do .., VA
Daniel . I See you are from Radford ... SO AM I ... I was born there ... and my parents are from there .. how neat is that ... Thanks for the words of encouragement . Natalie
Mojodiva
on 5/22/06 1:14 am - FPO, Japan
That doctor's letter should be all that's necessary. Let's hope your benefits lady goes all Rottweiller on Anthem and gets it approved!
Bigdanva70
on 5/22/06 1:18 am - Radford, VA
You are from Radford WOW it is a small world
Betsy Anitahug
on 5/22/06 2:45 am - Danville, VA
Whether you get it or not...you are a beautiful woman and so proud to have you as my friend.....I know that this will happen for you and I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers. I love ya Tink....you are my bestest friend... Hugs, Betsy
Christina R.
on 5/22/06 3:36 am - Reston, VA
Hang in there Tink. Sounds like left and right are having trouble communicating. They'll get it figured out and you'll be approved in no time. Keep the faith. Christina S
Ernurse323
on 5/22/06 10:54 am - Virginia Beach, VA
Natalie.... Well I am starting to get pissed too about all this. Sounds like someone needs to get their Sh*t together there !!! Someone is not reading their paperwork and just assuming that what you are having is for vanity and nothing more. I know you are fuming !!! Sick em Nat...Sometimes a girl has gotta do what she's gotta do, right !!! Dana
Shanana
on 5/22/06 11:03 am - Altavista, VA
Hope they will get it straight soon. Know next year I will be going thru the same stuff. Makes me grateful for these boils and rashes i guess.Keep looking up!! Shannon
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 944 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2279 views