NEW PROTEIN FIND . NEW WHEY LIQUID PROTEIN

(deactivated member)
on 5/21/06 1:48 pm - I Do Believe .. I Do I Do .., VA
This weekend was a weekend of first for me . But the best Find of them all was going to the Vitamin Shoppe .. where I found a new liquid protein . I comes in those vials like the Profect protein does . It is 2 oz .. and has 25 grams of protein .. OMG and it taste great . I tried both the fruit punch and the blueberry .. and both where really good . Has no sugar .. 100 calories .. no carbs .. and yes I said it again 25 GRAMS .. OF PROTEIN .. So if you can get to your local Vitamins Shoppe .. or go to WWW.IDSSPORTS.COM You can find it . Hugs. Tink
Kathy & Rich
on 5/21/06 7:34 pm - Fairfax, VA
Hey, Tink! We use several of the IDS powders the cinnamon vanilla rocks in chilled decaf coffee with a splash of half and half and sweet 'n low - can you say Latte! Is the liquid protein a collagenized protein? Hope you and Alan had a great weekend. Whatcha do? Rich and I went to Andrews Air Force base to the Air Show. What a blast. hugs, Kathy
(deactivated member)
on 5/21/06 8:34 pm - I Do Believe .. I Do I Do .., VA
Kathy , the label says it is pure dehydrolized protein . We started to go to Andrews but with my foot , he said it would have been to much walking . SO instead . I went to a live Butterfly exhibit . That was amazing to see . I was able to walk into a room with nothing but Butterflies . All colors shapes ... And I was able to see butterflies go through the metamorphisis . There where several chrysallis there .. So beautiful to see . Was symbolic of all of our journeys. I heard the air show was awesome . Hugs, Nat
cathya
on 5/21/06 11:20 pm - Orlando, FL
What is collagenized protein? Is it better or worst for us or no difference? BTW the IDS vials are PROFECT with a different wrapper. Lots of manufacturers will market their products with private labels. Sometimes it is a better price with the private label.
Kathy & Rich
on 5/21/06 11:33 pm - Fairfax, VA
Collagen is protein derived from bones, cartilage, soft tissue, etc. It usually isn't considered as high quality as that from whey or meats. http://www.supplemen****ch.com/suplib/supplement.asp?DocId=1165 Kathy
Kathy & Rich
on 5/21/06 11:44 pm - Fairfax, VA
Profect's information (first few ingredients): 67.4% Pure deionized water, 31.5% Actinase® [patent pending blend of enzymatically hydrolyzed (predigested) collagenic protein isolate, whey protein isolate and casein protein isolate] IDS' information (first few ingredients): 67.4% Pure deionized water, 31.5% Actinase® [patent pending blend of enzymatically hydrolyzed (predigested) collagenic protein isolate, whey protein isolate and casein protein isolate] What irritates me is that they list on some websites how the IDS is "whey". It is really a blend and since the collagen is listed first... I suspect there is more of that then the whey. All that being said... those who chooses to take protein supplements have to determine what works for them, what they like, and even what they tolerate. We have found shakes that we really, really like and they are whey and we'll stick with them. Kathy
Andrea N.
on 5/22/06 12:14 pm - Ashland, VA
Kathy, I got both the IDS cinnamon vanilla and the cappachino (yeah I know spelling - lol) and I put a scoop (of either) in a coffee mug and add just enough water to make it smooth and let it sit for about a minute or so and then slowly poor in coffee. I'm so glad I found it before surgery. You are right it does taste GOOD! Andrea
Tam
on 5/21/06 9:17 pm - Richmond, VA
Nat, You beat me to it! I was gone all weekend (actually since last Wednesday) and I found this at a store in North Carolina. It is awesome and I bought a bunch of it to bring home! I did not know if I could find it here or not. Glad you had a good weekend. I would love to see a live butterfly exhibit. It sounded really neat! We just went to the All Star Race at Lowe's Motor Speedway. Can't wait for this weekend, too as we return for the Coca Cola 600. Tammy
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 944 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2279 views