Oh no! My appetite is back!

melody80
on 5/19/06 5:57 am - Remington, VA
I'm over 5 months out now and boy....I dont know if its all in my head but I'm really starting to feel hungry again. It kinda scares me! Have any of you all felt this at 5 or 6 months post op??? Also....how much am I suppose to be eating at this moment? I'm amost scared to eat now because at times I dont feel full and I get hungry a couple of hours later. The nutritionist say they dont want you snacking but I find it hard and I do have to have 2 snacks a day. Am I making the right choice? I will snack on half a dixie cup of natural almonds.....beef jerky..or cheese sticks. Ocassionally I can eat a WHOLE Crunch bar! Is that normal? Again the nutritionist say they dont want us eating power bars but....the crunch bar now is a savior to me cuz it keeps me from wanting the bad stuff. I LOVE THEM! but can I eat them as a snack? Also, another question for everyone is....when did you find out whether you dump from sugar or not? Just curious. I'm scared to death the try anything with "real" sugar. I guess thats a good thing! Well I would appreciate feedback! Hope everyone is doing well and in good health....take care!
Ms Court
on 5/19/06 6:10 am - Remington, VA
Hi Melody. I know what you mean. I have noticed that my appetite seems to have gotten stronger in the last few weeks. Like you I am doing 2 snacks a day. I believe I am up to about 4-6 oz right now. Some days that is good, some days I want more, and some days I can't fini**** I still haven't tried sugar so I don't know abot the dumping. I am too scared to try. Courtney
Michele R.
on 5/19/06 7:09 am - Pittsfield, MA
Hey Ladies...have you tried water after your waiting time? Sometimes that will curb the hunger if it is just thirst your body might be confused. Being on the liquid diet I really know when I am full and I still am pre op. My stomach has shrunk some and water usually helps when I get pangs of hunger. Just a suggestion! Best of Luck! Also what about some low cal kind of fillers? Maybe the snacks aren't enough protein? I dunno. Did you guys get some paperwork or a book from your surgeons office about dealing with hunger? Hugs! Shele
melody80
on 5/19/06 7:47 am - Remington, VA
Hi Michele. Thanks for your advice. Yeah, I actually drink lots and lots of water & crystal lite. I've been told about drinking if you think you feel hungry. At this stage it doesnt work all the time. I'm sure a lot of this has to do with head hunger...and not jumping back into old habits. When are you having your surgery?? Take care! Melody
Ms Court
on 5/19/06 8:36 am - Remington, VA
Yep I drink lots of water & such also. Part of my issue also is I work two jobs so I have longs days and need the extra fuel. Like Melody I also do nuts, string cheese and other high protein options. I did get some information on things to try to see if it is head hunger or not but sometimes your body is just hungry. Courtney
melody80
on 5/19/06 7:41 am - Remington, VA
Hi Courtney! So yours is back also hu? Well the 2 snacks really get me through the day. I started the crunch bars ever since you told me about them. I love them! And they have low sugar and plenty of protein! I think I'm up to 6oz now. I was just scared that it was too much. I guess I need to measure again....I'm sorta just eyeballing everything at this stage.
Ms Court
on 5/19/06 8:37 am - Remington, VA
Yeah mine is back too. I tend to eyeball and sometimes do measure just so I can get an idea of where I am standing. I am glad the crunch bars are working for you. Courtney
cpatters
on 5/20/06 12:08 am - Rockingham County, VA
I know the feeling. My tummy has been growling more and more. I know that it is not head hunger, because I feel the old "twang" in my belly and I feel amost sick if I do not eat something. I am almost 4 months out. It is scaring me too!!!! Cathy
Shanana
on 5/20/06 10:19 pm - Altavista, VA
I feel you. I get worried cause I can eat more. I just try to make sure it is loaded w/ protein. Somedays and snack monster gets on my back but I try to limit it. Dr said to up the exercise and water to keep it going during our window of opportunity. Trying that. Want to see the weight keep on dropping. I try to get protein or raw veggies as snacks so at least it is healthy. Shannon
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 944 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2279 views