We have a BABY on the way!

(deactivated member)
on 5/18/06 8:16 pm - Grass.Shack.by.da'Beach, VA
G'morning friends ~ Well, as promised here is the update on TRISH!! LOL, and any of you seasoned "mommas" out there will realize (soon) that "Lei" has NO business updating techie kinda stuff, because I truly just don't get most of the terms. In fact, when Trish first started explaining it, I immediately stopped her and reminded her it was "Lei" she was talking to, not "Wendy" who's a walking medical journal. Sooooooooooo - now that you've been warned, here's the update. The doctors have decided to do the Amnio....uh... well.... lessee, what was that word again? Any of you nurses wanna step up to the post and help me out here? Something to do with that really LONG needle they stick in her tummy to draw fluids that then let the docs know if it's safe to start labor early. So, Monday is the needle-ammnio testing thingie and normally, a baby is DELIVERED within 24/48 hours of that test. The baby is a very HEALTHY size (already at 6 pounds, 3 weeks early) and the lungs were very strong. The only 'new' concern was a cyst found on one of the baby's kidney. The doctors decided with the health risks already in place, for the mom and baby ....that they'd rather not delay delivery any longer. Trish is in GREAT spirits, very happy and positive about the new changes. She's such a unique and wonderful "old" soul and I don't mean that SHE is old. She's got the 'senses and knowledge' of someone who's been around so much longer then her actual age. Okay - this is where ya'll come in. I'll be going back to Portsmouth Naval on Monday for my follow up Mammo, while Im there, I'm going to stop off and visit Trish. I would LOVE to take "well wishes" to her and her baby, from ALL of you! If you'd like to send your thoughts, PLEASE RESPOND TO THIS THREAD!!! This way, Monday morning, I can print all of the responses from all of you and take them to the hospital with me. Trish has already been in the hospital for 3 weeks and is going bonkers - I suspect a kind word or a smile from any of you, would leave a big smile on her face and in her heart. Thanks in advance ~ Lei . . Pssst....ooopsie, sorry two more things! If anyone would like to call Trish - this is the direct number to her room: 757-953-4183 If anyone would like to get to know Trish better (via her weight loss journal) here is her profile link: http://www.obesityhelp.com/morbidobesity/members/status.php?N=B1082633006
Andrea N.
on 5/18/06 8:32 pm - Ashland, VA
I'm not a nurse but the word you were looking for is amniocentesis. I wish Trish and the new baby a happy and safe delivery! I hope everything is perfect on delivery and that mom and baby get to go home from the hospital quickly and without incident! Hugs, Andrea
Stephanie M.
on 5/18/06 8:41 pm - Moncks Corner, SC
Hi Trish! Thinking of you and praying for health and safety for you and the baby as you begin the next phase of your journey. Rest while you can, girl, cause you won't get a whole lot of that soon...LOL...but it is so worth it! Take care, Stephanie
Katherine S.
on 5/18/06 8:51 pm - Garland, TX
Trish wishing you and the baby all happy days and sleepness nights. Enjoy as they grow up so fast.
Shanana
on 5/18/06 8:59 pm - Altavista, VA
Hello Trish and Baby. Praying to healthy,smooth delivery for you. Praying for a healthy ,precious baby soon.Keep your chin up. Guess you had to take some time for yourself to rest. You will need it for the next few months. Be at Peace. Shannon
HeatherBlood
on 5/18/06 9:14 pm - Anchorage, AK
Good luck Trish! I hope everything goes well for you and the little bundle of joy! I will be thinking of you.. Heather B (from OH pregnancy board)
Allie
on 5/18/06 9:17 pm
Good luck Trish!! I hope you and the baby are healthy and doing well!! You're truly in for a major blessing!! I'm on my 4th major blessing so I KNOW about blessings and babies surely are one!! Congratulations in advance!! Allie (from the OH pregnancy board!!) 32w 6d c/s June 26, 2006 5w 3d to go!!
kizie23
on 5/18/06 9:28 pm - blacksburg, VA
Trish, Just wanted to say congrats to you on your new baby. Melissa
holygrl72
on 5/18/06 9:39 pm - somewhere, KY
Congrats & good luck. I'm praying for you all. may God touch all your lives.
(deactivated member)
on 5/18/06 9:54 pm - Fairfax Station, VA
Hi Trish, I am so excited for you!! What a true blessing, to have a new little baby. I always said that the only good hospital stay was to have a baby!! Of course now I amend that to be as well as wls!! But how lucky you are. And what fun you're going to have a new little onel. Congratulations Trish, I can't wait to hear the details!! I know Lei will keep us informed, but can't wait to hear from YOU as well!! thinking of you! love donna
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 944 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2279 views