Hungry day

Lorraina M.
on 5/18/06 5:38 am - Ruther Glen, VA
I could use some advice on my daily eating. Today i have felt much hungrier than normal and this is what i have eaten: carb countdown for breakfast 180c & 16g protein, chili for lunch 210c and 16g protein, morning snack South Beach cereal bar 140c 10g protein, afternoon snack yogart with some granola in it 160c 7g protein and also had some melba toast with the chili which had 60c. All total i am at about 790 calories so far today and 51g protein. I plan to eat a salad for supper. Tell me true, is this too much? What do you think of my choices? I seem to be constantly second guessing myself. Thanks a bunch, Lorraine
(deactivated member)
on 5/18/06 6:44 am - Grass.Shack.by.da'Beach, VA
Hello Lorraina - I don't want to tell you if it's good or bad, figure each doctor has a different protocal, so my plan might be night to your doctors day. The only thing that kinda glared at me was the carb count down milk. Although I think it's great as a filler (like cream for my coffee, kinda thing) ...I think it's wasted calories as a food substitute. You can get more protein, less calories with a protein shake, if that's what you're trying to do - or if you want to try getting your proteins in through soft foods, try deli meats? 4 oz of deli think turkey, ham or roast beef have approx 100 calories and 20 grams of protein. 4 ounces of dense protein will hold you over much longer then a drink ever could, or even the softer proteins like yogurt. Don't get me wrong, I do both, now, but I also have a lot more caloric intake in the maintenance stages. Not sure if you're interested in switching out the milk for the solid protein, but it might help ward off any future 'hungry days' and it also comes in with a smaller caloric count, higher protien count. Good luck - Lei
(deactivated member)
on 5/18/06 6:45 am - Grass.Shack.by.da'Beach, VA
:::: sigh ::::: That's 4 oz of deli THIN (not think) meat!
Cinderellen
on 5/18/06 7:02 am - Winterville, NC
So I can stop trying to think meat now?
(deactivated member)
on 5/18/06 7:12 am - Grass.Shack.by.da'Beach, VA
...I never stop thinking about it, I don't think you should stop either! LOL
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 944 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2279 views