DexaScan and Mammogram - results!

(deactivated member)
on 5/18/06 6:21 am - Grass.Shack.by.da'Beach, VA
Ohhhhhh - to be YOUNG again and NOT know the cruelty of boobie-smashing! I swear, you can't help but stare/gawk at 'em as they're doing it, the distortion is amazing, ...only shadowed by the discomfort! I had to remind one techie (about 5 years ago) that they really were ATTACHED and to settle down! [ahem]. Hope you're having a great week - hugs, Lei
A10sFrau
on 5/18/06 1:05 am - Rockbridge Co., VA
Hi Lei-- Good news all around! How many milligrams of Cal Citrate do you take a day? Just wondering if I should up mine. Lois
(deactivated member)
on 5/18/06 6:29 am - Grass.Shack.by.da'Beach, VA
Hello Lois - I used to take 1500 mgs a day, but increased that to 2000 mgs when I turned 45. Figure the combination of my age and gastric bypass has stacked the odds against me, so increasing it by 500 can only help. I take 500 mgs every two hours - and make sure it's NOT within 2 hours of my iron or my synthroid. So just based on that scenario, I'm popping pills every two hours over a 12 hour span! Talk about a pain in da butt, at times, but anyone who hangs out with me will tell you - I'm popping vitamins ALL day, every day, no exception. Even when we're out all day, staying busy with FUN stuff, like Busch Gardens, I bring them with me. I put all the pills I need that day in a small ziplock baggie (cause of the water rides) and pop pills every TWO hours, like clockwork.
Sharon Q.
on 5/18/06 3:30 am - Fredericksburg, VA
Ya know, I am so proud of you for even getting the tests done!! I think I'm gonna be one of those who puts it off forever!!! Wow, maybe I'm even at the age that I need to start doing these tests??????? HMMMMMMMM, gonna have to call my mommy!! So hopefully the mamogram thing will be nothing, I'm praying for you on that one!! My local girlfriend just had that test done this year cuz they found a lump and it was nothing. That'll be you too, I know it!!! That is too cool that they did a bone density scan too. I always wondered how we'd rank having had the bypass and if the calcuim citrate was truely working for us!! Now I know!! My mom has osteoporosis, and I got her to take the calcium citrate too, so we'll see if it makes any difference for her. ANYWAYS.......................I'm glad you got them done and keep us updated on the outcome of the future tests. XOOXOXOOXOOXOXOOXO Sharon
(deactivated member)
on 5/18/06 6:36 am - Grass.Shack.by.da'Beach, VA
Hello Sharon!! How are you doing? Still recoupin' from the last round of surgeries? Where the heck have you been? Hopefully, just resting, healing and staying preoccupied. Another wonderful upside to gastric bypass and losing ALL our excess weight is that it's so much easier to detect problems or abnormalaties! I honestly thing things are going to be fine. There was a brief moment (middle of the night, couldnt shut the brain down) that I was going through all the "what ifs" ....then logic stepped in and I really think the "bones of a 30 year old, due to excess calcium citrate" is a direct link to possible "calcium build up" in the breast tissue! ...of course, I'll feel better when they confirm MY OPINION and diagnosis!!! Hugs - Lei
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 944 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2279 views