Keep on rollin'

LB
on 5/17/06 1:02 am - Northern, VA
Well, just when you think, you can't lose anymore weight, you step on the scale and are pleasently surprised. I'm FINALLY under 200 punds! I've been out of town for about a week and I refuse to weigh myself on any scales besides the ones at my house. When I stepped on this morning I was down to 196!!! I'm so excited! I was talking to my mom about it and she can't believe it either. I don't think I've been under 200 pounds, since middle school! I'm so happy about this, but it seems like I have a whole new crop of problems. When I was morbidly obese, I was just concerned about how fat I looked. Now that I've lost weight, I've started nit-picking about every little flaw in my body. OK, finally...to wrap this up...do any of you have suggestions about what to say to people who question your eating habits that don't know about the surgery? The only people who know I've had the surgery are my family and a couple of close friends. I haven't told my best friend, because he spoke so poorly about it before I had it. I love him, but he's so....i don't know...sooo fat predjudeced? Is that a good way to put it. He loves me, and he's so happy I'm losing weight, but now he thinks I'm anorexic. We actually got into a fight about it last night at dinner. I just can't bring myself to tell him. Anyway...I lost 4 pounds, yay!
A10sFrau
on 5/17/06 4:27 am - Rockbridge Co., VA
Happy Onederland!! Lois
Ms Court
on 5/17/06 4:29 am - Remington, VA
Congrats on hitting onederland. That is soooo awesome. I sooo understand about the nitpicking. I just want to be thin and perfect and it just doesn't happen that way (unless I want to spend a lot of money on plastics). It gets so frustrating that our minds don't catch up as quickly to our bodies. As for your friend or other people, just tell them. I have made a lifestyle change so that I can lose wait and keep it off and stay healthy. My doctor and I have discussed where I should be weight wise and we are happy with my reslults so far and I am going to continue to strive to be where I should be. (or just say, it is my body so back off) Courtney
Shanana
on 5/17/06 8:36 pm - Altavista, VA
Congrats LB!!! Cant wait til I hit Onederland. Hopeful before the end of the summer. I nit pick at my body too. I have lost it before and it is so different this time. 9 yrs ago at your age i lost is and had much more muscle tone. Wish I had surgery back then but it is more advanced and safer now. Guess this was my time. I love the skinny comments but I want to say I see me naked lol. I nit pick at every roll, dimple and flaw. Got to get over that. When people said something smart about me having surgery I just told them to go pick up 2 50lb bags of dog food and tote them around for a week . Then tell me what you would and would not do to feel better. Shannon
Sharon Q.
on 5/18/06 3:20 am - Fredericksburg, VA
LACEY BLUE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YOU GO GIRL!!! I am sooooooo proud of you!!!! That is a totally amazing thing when you get under 200 isn't it? I am soooooo happy for you girl!!! As for what to tell people, I dunno. I have always just chosen to be totally honest with everybody, don't care what others think since I didn't do this for them, but for me. If he really loves you, he'll support you either way, that's what true friends do!! Enough said!! About the nit picking thing, I'm with ya on that. Seems like you trade one set of problems for another, and in a way you really do. BUT, it is worth it to be healthy, and that is the main goal here. You will be amazed at how much your pants can hold in and hide!! LOLOLOL Great job girly...........keep on keepin on!!! XOXOXOXOOXO Sharon
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 944 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2279 views