Overeating help

lovemypugs
on 5/16/06 11:48 pm - VA
I had the lapband in January 2005. I have a serious overeating problem that I just cannot control and I am not losing weight. I was wondering if anyone knows of a counsler or program in the Northern Virginia area that might help me. Thanks for your time. Annmarie
elizabethc03
on 5/16/06 11:55 pm - Cypress, TX
Annmarie, Sorry you're having such a rough time right now. I wish I had some info for you but we don't live in Northern VA. I am sending you good thoughts and prayers that you'll get the help you need soon. Have you spoken with your surgeon about this? Liz
lovemypugs
on 5/17/06 12:06 am - VA
Thank you for thinking of me. I did speak with my surgeon and he was not too helpful. He said the band won't help me as long as I am eating junk and I already knew this!! Annmarie
Kathy & Rich
on 5/17/06 12:17 am - Fairfax, VA
Here is a link to info about one counselor that a friend uses and highly recommends. She does alot of work with folks with eating disorders. Her name is Charlotte Joelsson. Ms. Joelsson is going to be coming to a special session of a support group meeting at Fair Oaks Hospital on Saturday June 3rd at 10 am. It is open to the public and you are most welcome to attend. http://www.growthandrecovery.com/joelsson.htm Kathy
Kathy & Rich
on 5/17/06 12:20 am - Fairfax, VA
Left off the location: Auditorium of the Fair Oaks Medical Plaza, 3700 Joseph Siewick Drive. Enter the bottom floor and make a left. Kathy
Betsy Anitahug
on 5/17/06 12:21 am - Danville, VA
Hi Sweetie....So many times we eat because of our emotions....I know it is so hard. I can sympathise with you. I am an emotional eater...when I am bored, upset, sad, happy, sick, etc. I love food but when you go through something as we have been through, we have to get the emotions out in the open...get rid of the negative and start life over. I was in a very disfunctional marriage and was so miserable...I ate all the time. It was my friend, my comfort, something I could depend on to be there for me whenever. I had surgery on 12/16/05, was in the hospital for 5 days (I had open GB) and two days after getting out of the hospital, I got an email from my husband of 3 years asking for a divorce...needless to say I took the opportunity to get out asap. Within the month, I had moved out, and my life has made a 360 deegree turn around. Annmarie, I have never been happier in my life....this board has been a support to me and they have helped me through so much. I still have times when I miss my "friend" but I have to do what is best for me. My health has gotten better, I can smile now and enjoy life....I am dating at 56 years old and feel like a teenager. You can do it, Sweetie....get rid of any negative in your life and think only of the positive. There is positive in everything bad, sometimes we have to search for it but it is there. We have control of this tool and we have to use it to our best ability. If you ever need to talk, please feel free to contact me anytime. I will get back to you asap. You don't have to stop eating...just pick healthy things....it is so easy to get into the chips and all the junk food and that is what it is...junk. Be good to your body, Hon...life is so much better and you will feel better. I have lost 80 pounds since surgery and am so pleased with my new life. Call your doctor and see if he knows of a good conselor in that area....if I can help in any way, please let me know.... Hugs, Betsy
lovemypugs
on 5/18/06 2:25 am - VA
Wow I want to thank everyone *****plied to this! I am going to check out that seminar at Fair Oaks Hosp. in June. I actually had my surgery there. I decided against the bypass and went with the lapband, but as you know, the biggest drawback of the band is you can eat around it with junk food and so forth. Everyday is a struggle for me and I hope one day it won't be, but I somehow doubt that! I think I need to learn how to deal with issues better. Once again, thanks for your help and input. annmarie
lovemypugs
on 5/18/06 2:28 am - VA
Kathy- Thank you for the name of the lady that deals with overeaters. I am planning on contacting her and attending the seminar on June 3rd, but I was wondering if you could tell me what the support group is? Like is it a support group for obesity surgery patients for example? Thanks annmarie
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 944 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2279 views