How long will it take?

Christina R.
on 5/17/06 1:05 am - Reston, VA
All- I'm having my surgery (open) on July 19. Do you think that I'll be ok to ride rollercoasters at Six Flags by the end of September? I've never had a major surgery before so I'm really not sure what to expect on the recovery side of things....other than I know I'll need to take it easy for awhile. Thoughts? Christina S.
(deactivated member)
on 5/17/06 1:44 am - I Do Believe .. I Do I Do .., VA
Christina , My thought would be no . That you would not be ready to take on an adventure like that unless you where going to stay off the rides . I know first hand what they can do to you after a major surgery like that . I would check with your surgeon as well . Best wishes to you . Natalie
Ernurse323
on 5/17/06 3:05 am - Virginia Beach, VA
Christina, At my 2 month check up I was cleared to do everything..even scuba diving lessons. I thought to myself that 2 months would be too soon for that so I, myself, delayed the lessons for another month. Take it day by day and listen to your body. Even though my doc gave me a medical release, I still had problems and still do. I have a stricture..had it repaired last week but it's back. Just make sure that you listen to your body.....yo know you better than anyone else !!!! Dana
Tam
on 5/17/06 3:10 am - Richmond, VA
Christina, I had surgery on April 25 th last year and rode a roller coaster for the first time post op on July 3 rd. I did fine, but I also had clearence from my doctor AND nurse practitioner...yes...I asked them both! I did not have any pain from it, but I did not overdo it either. I only rode three the entire day and pre op I would have been on the all day. I am a roller coaster junkie! I want to go to kings dominion and busch gardens some time this summer, but I am still afraid to get in line and then not fit. It never happened to me but I saw plenty of people that were turned away and I would be mortified if it happened to me. I wonder when I will be "small enough" in my mind to get on them. My sister is about 4 sizes larger than I am and she gets on them but I can not wrap my head around the fact that I am smaller than her. I can not remember when I was smaller than anyone in my family! Tammy
Christina R.
on 5/17/06 3:45 am - Reston, VA
Thanks ladies....I had in my mind that it probably WOULD be too soon, but I'm a roller coaster fan and we have a free day at the end of Sept through my office. Last year was so sad cause I knew I couldn't fit. I was hoping this year I would, but I'm thinking that I will have to wait another season before I'm back in the rollercoaster seat again. Thanks again! Christina S
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 944 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2279 views