Local Support Group Meeting and Updates 5/18/06

Valerie Renee
on 5/16/06 8:13 am - New York, NY
Subject: Support Group Meeting Reminder and Updates Hello All ! Reminder: (1) Our monthly support group meeting will be held on Thursday, May 18, 2006 at Providence Hospital @ 6pm-8pm. The topic of this meeting is " What Is Back To Normal." (2) Please remember to bring any protein products that you have that you did not like or could not tolerate and also any too big clothing items. This month is our protein and clothing exchange. (3) Please bring a before picture to share with the group. (4) Please bring a protein packed recipe to share with the group. Last week was the Obesity Help National East Coast Conference in Pittsburgh PA. I was a national presenter and three presentations. My topics were, Recipe Adaptation, A Closer Look At Childhood Obesity and Bariatric101- What you need to know. I also hosted a book signing and sold all but three of my books ! While in Pittsburgh, I was interviewed by the Pittsburgh Tribune. The article is slated to run in tomorrow's edition. For those still interested in going with the group to see Step Afrika (www.stepafrika.org), the deadline for tickets purchases is this Thursday. We are going opening night to the show and reception. The tickets are $75 per person. Please view the website for more info. If you would like to attend, please bring a check to support group. Lastly, please bring your ideas regarding our tea next month. I am trying to finalize the tea venue so that we we can have a great time. See Ya Thursday ! Valerie Campbell Facilitator ** Please remember that we walk at Haines Point with the Obesity Help Black American Forum on Saturday Morning @ 7am. Please meet at 6:50 am at the tennis court parking lot closest to the entrance of the park gates. The group also walks on Tuesday, Thursday and Friday at 5pm. If you have not already done so, please join our Yahoo Group, Bariatric101. ( http://health.groups.yahoo.com/group/Bariatric101/ )
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 944 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2279 views