haven't been around much

(deactivated member)
on 5/16/06 10:19 am - Remington, VA
Every so often a girl's gotta step back and take some time to think....and that's what I've been doing more then anything. Sunday was not only Mother's Day for me, but my two month anniversary also. At weigh in on Monday I was down to 231, from 265 pre-op. So that's 34 lbs. shed in two months. I've battled lately with my tool and how well it works. I don't dump, and I tolerate everything I eat for the most part....raw veggies give me a hard time. I'm dealing with the fact that my surgeon made my pouch bigger then average, 30cc. Average is 15-20cc. If I eat too much I get very uncomfortable.....which is a good thing! I'm learning! I can't eat thing's that taste too sweet, for instance iced tea with too much sweetener....bleck. Whereas before surgery I would have two bags of sweet n low in a glass of iced tea! Weird! I'm doing well with my water intake, so-so with my vitamins, and ok with my protein....all could use some work....only room for improvement. The only real problem I have had is bouts of when my irritable bowel syndrome flares up. My clothes are getting looser and looser.....so's my skin! ick! So for the most part I am doing pretty good! I'm happy. I know that right now my tool is working. I'm going to focus on setting goals and establishing rewards for achieving them as my next endeavor. I know that when I get below 200lbs I want to get my teeth whitened professionally, so that's one there. Along with this is continuing increasing my protein and water intake as we've recently bought an elliptical machine and I know with working out you need more of both. I haven't been posting much since I've been in contemplation mode, but I love everyone here, and hope for the best for all of you. I have been reading/lurking....and hope to get back into the swing of things soon! love to all Kirsten
Betsy Anitahug
on 5/16/06 10:33 am - Danville, VA
Wow, Kirsten, you are doing great....it is a project in progress! In 4 months I am down 80 pounds and feel wonderful. It is an exciting world out there and at 56 years young, I am going to enjoy every moment of it. No room for negative, only positive. I am having the time of my life. I have become a clothes *****I want more...my closet is bare and I don't want to wear anything baggie anymore. I went through too much to wear stuff to cover this sexy bod....yeah right??? hehe. My highest weight was 300 and now this 5 foot nuthin bod is sportin 168 pounds....not bad...the day of surgery I was 248. What a wonderful feeling except for the sharpee legs...and droopy boobs...I am going to have to invest in some strong duck tape....hehe. Enjoy the journey, Hon, it is exciting. Hugs, Betsy
(deactivated member)
on 5/16/06 10:26 pm - Remington, VA
Betsy, Hi! Talk about doing great! You are....80 lbs. in 4 months is awesome! Good for you! Too funny about the duct tape! Thanks for being one of my bestest cheerleaders! Kirsten
(deactivated member)
on 5/16/06 9:19 pm - I Do Believe .. I Do I Do .., VA
Kirsten , I too sometimes step back and take time away from the boards . I normally do not go far as I love these people . While there are at times some disagreements - we can all agree that we do support one another . I can tell you that if I did not have these people and this forum , I would probably be one of the loneliest people on earth . I know how discouraging sometimes seeing the loose skin is . There are many exersises you can do to perk that skin back up . You are doing awesome ... ! Just take time to be you and enjoy your journey . Many hugs, Natalie
(deactivated member)
on 5/16/06 10:30 pm - Remington, VA
Hey Natalie, The support here is awesome! I'm sure I'm not the only one that feels without it I wouldn't be as happy or successful! Taking time is what I am learning to do most recently. I tend to get in a tizzy and overthink....so sometimes it's best to step back, smell the roses....drink the coffee....whatever, and smile! I hope you're doing well with your ankle....heal well soon! Kirsten
Michele R.
on 5/16/06 11:16 pm - Pittsfield, MA
Hey Kirsten.... We all need time to step back and either reflect or project some thoughts. Either or just take your time and do what you need. We will be here for you honey. Glad to hear you are doing well and losing nicely! That is so awesome that you got an elipitical mechine! When I used to work at a gym I loathed that thing. I could NEVER get my butt on it because I would get on it then fail IMMEDIATELY! I think I just needed to get a little lighter before I attempted it. Some say it is easier than most mechines. I personally prefer the tredmill. I think I want onea dem! There is a huge gym on the base in Norfolk though I can use one of theirs! LOL Many Hugs! Shele
(deactivated member)
on 5/16/06 11:29 pm - Remington, VA
Shele, It's going to take some work to build up some endurance on that elliptical machine! I am so out of shape though it'll just take time....but I am challenged by it so I plan to overcome this one! In the past there've been so many failed diet and exercise attempts. But since surgery I've come into a new way of thinking.....that I'm darn near invincible! I feel great! You are so lucky you live close enough to a base to take advantage of the gym. We just got back from overseas(Air Force) last year and did I ever take advantage of living 7 minutes from the free-at-your-disposal-weight-trainers-gym? Nope! But I was depressed and overcome by my weight. Now i'd give anything to be that close. Oh well! Thanks for being there for me! Kirsten
Ms Court
on 5/16/06 11:19 pm - Remington, VA
Kirsten you are doing so great. Taking a step back and reevaluating is a good thing. I know I have to do it every once in awhile to get my head on straight. Keep up the good work girl. You will go far. Courtney
(deactivated member)
on 5/16/06 11:30 pm - Remington, VA
Courtney! You are so awesome! Thanks for cheering me on! Kirsten
Shanana
on 5/17/06 9:08 pm - Altavista, VA
Glad to see you again. I had the IBS problems too. 2 months of diarhea and now cant go. Medicine either way. I hate that. Hope you are back in the grove w/ your new life again. Have a good one...... SHannon
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 944 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2279 views