Need your input, thoughts....

turtlegirl
on 5/16/06 4:37 am - In the middle of the woods, VA
Hi Dana, Thanks for understanding - it will NEVER be the right time for me to share the surgery. I know in part it comes from so much pain over the years associated with my weight. I have always resented that weight is a weakness/problem "out there" for everyone to see - if you have a drinking problem you can get a shower and go out into the public and keep it private if you so choose....... with weight you can't do that - it's obvious to everyone what your "problem" is. I am quiet, somewhat shy, and would rather keep to myself than be in the spotlight. I always felt my weight drew attention to me. I felt having the surgery would also draw attention - but for me, it would be unwanted attention. I wasn't willing to become fodder for the gossip hounds, or even to be discussed. I didn't want opinions or thoughts shared with me, what I decide to do is between me and God, and my family. That's the end of it as far as I'm concerned. I try very hard to live without judging others, and I don't want to be judged either. I have many extended family members (who don't know about the surgery) who judge me, and find me wanting......there was no way I'd share something so precious with them. This has been a life-changing, extremly personal experience for me. I don't want to talk about it with anyone who hasn't been through it. I just don't. That's me. As I said above, it's been a "precious" and miraculous experience - and I have loved sharing it with my husband and kids who love me unconditionally and share my joy..... I couldn't bear for someone to cheapen it. The only time I "wish" I could say something is when I see a heavy person, and I can feel their suffering and pain, and I wish I could tell them what a miracle the surgery has been for me, without offending them. Anyway, that is a little of where I'm coming from. As with all of us, there's a lot more where that came from! Thanks, Crystal
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 944 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2279 views