How many of us havae done this?...

A10sFrau
on 5/16/06 5:53 am - Rockbridge Co., VA
Sunday..had a great afternoon with Cody. Dropped her off with friends and then went by Ruby Tuesdays to treat myself to an order of crabcakes. Crabcakes that are no longer on the menu. I did my usual and ordered a Long Island Iced Tea to drink while I waitd for the to-go order which I had changed to sirloin tips. I knew the order would make at leat 4 mealas for me. I had drunk about 1" from the glass and had been noticing something didn't taste right. After about 4 minutes of trying to figure out the weird taste, it struck me like a thunderbolt--SUGAR.....SUGAR, SUGAR, SUGAR... :devil....................... in the form of various liquers and syrups and softdrinks used to make the drink!!! I right away told the server that there was nothing wrong with the drink, but that i could not drink it due to my surgery. I insisted on paying for it because ordering it had been my error. they took it off my bill anyway . Ran out to the truck with my order, so I could get down a bite or two of food and some water, in an attempt to dilute any sugar that might cause me to dump. I didn't overfill my stomach or eat too fasst, but the broccoli didn't sit too well. BUT, no dumping. How many times will I revert to old ways automatically? I have vowed to only have wine now, which I know sits just fine and causes no problems. But I did something similar at prom--went through the food line and put enough for 4 gastric bypass patients on my plate!! As I walked to my table I KNEW I could not eat that much food. What similar thing have YOU done? Can I look forward to stopping this foolishness? Lois
kabarron1
on 5/16/06 6:07 am - Hopewell, VA
Lois, I don't know if it gets any better or not. I'm almost 9 months out and I still catch myself doing it. A few Sundays ago I grilled up three "Crabby Paddies" (thats hamburgers for those who don't know Non Sponge-Bob Square Pants) for my son, daughter, and myself. My daughter said, "Daddy, I no like that." Pointing at the hamburger portion. So I asked her, "You just want a cheese sandwich?", to which she agreed. Well, I thought to myself "I'll just go ahead and eat her's so it doesn't go to waste." I fixed her cheese sandwich and ate about half of my own burger and that was it!! I started laughing at myself, "Dummy!!! Like you were going to be able to eat a whole 1/4 lb cheese burger....LET ALONE TWO OF THEM!!!" Old habits are hard to break I guess. I guess it'll sink in one day....maybe?! Keith
(deactivated member)
on 5/16/06 6:36 am - I Do Believe .. I Do I Do .., VA
Oh Lois .. I've done this .. and I know I know I know .. LOL .. I once ordered Lemonade .. and got it .. and after about 3 good sips .. the Sugar Flag goes up .. OMG .. I started drinking water with the hopes I would not dump .. but I did .. I still 2 years out .. If I go out to eat .. order way more than what I will eat . Example : At the Tobbaco Company .. I ordered - soup .. crab cakes and a salad .. does not sound like much .. but it was .. I had dinner for 3 days .. Sometimes it just happens that way .. And I know better than to order soup before my meal .. duhhhhh It is all lessons learned .. Hugs, Nat
Betsy Anitahug
on 5/16/06 9:06 am - Danville, VA
Hi Lois....Yes, I still order or fix myself way too much. I eat off of smaller plates now and that seems to help. But I still tend to piling way too much on those little plates. Someday, maybe we will get better but for right now, I have alot of wasted left overs in the fridge! Funny how hard it is to break old habits... Hugs, Betsy
TammyNVA
on 5/16/06 8:20 pm - Chesterfield, VA
Yep, I do silly things too, forgetting... or IGNORING... the limited and restricted capacity of this tool. The other night I was eating chinese food and DETERMINED to eat the last bite of meat on my plate, regardless of the fact that Pouchy was full! Guess who had the last "word?" Yuck! What a horrible way to end an otherwise delightful meal. I have also ordered sugar free/non-fat and gotten drinks with sugar. Becareful everyone, because it happens. Hugs, Tammy
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 944 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2279 views