New weigh-in...

TammyNVA
on 5/15/06 1:05 pm - Chesterfield, VA
And.... The total weight loss in 5 1/2 months... I can't believe it.... I never thought it possible... 90 POUNDS... GONE... FOREVER!!!! Next week I have my follow-up with Dr. Martin for the official 6 month check-up. I can't wait until they see my progress. Even the people I've been working with for the past month (I moved offices) have noticed the weight loss since I've been there. One co-worker said to me today "you definitely look smaller today... lookin' good!" For ME, who has been dieting in one way or another for over 34 YEARS, this has been the best ACTION I have taken to improve my life. FYI: I now weigh 15 pounds less than my picture here, which was taken 7 years ago!! Hugs everyone... thanks for being on this journey with me. It's an incredible ride!! Tammy (weight taken at PCP office)
(deactivated member)
on 5/15/06 1:40 pm - I Do Believe .. I Do I Do .., VA
Tammy , This is great news ! I know that you are pleased with your journey . It does as you know get ever better .. and sweeter . Your attitude is awesome and contagious ! Keep it up .. and again WAY TO GO ! Hugs, Natalie
TammyNVA
on 5/15/06 8:21 pm - Chesterfield, VA
Thanks for all your support, encouragement, and the sharing of your knowledge through your experiences. Things you've shared, like what to take to work for lunches, has really aided in my success. I still have a ways to go. My weight loss has slowed down and I've lost a little (a lot!) of hair, but thanks to the candid stories of the members here, these things were not unexpected, so I've accepted them and KEEP ON GOING! Pre-WLS I would have thrown in the towel and chalked it up to another "temporarily successful" program when the loss slowed down. I'm still SHRINKING! And, by the way, be careful with that ankle.... dancing with a broken ankle?? Love ya, Tammy
wanda
on 5/15/06 6:57 pm
Congrats Tammy, that's FABULOUS! Keep up the good work!!! Hugs, Wanda
TammyNVA
on 5/15/06 8:23 pm - Chesterfield, VA
Thanks Wanda! Hey, I've missed you, lady. Please email me with what's new with YOU Tammy
(deactivated member)
on 5/15/06 7:43 pm - Grass.Shack.by.da'Beach, VA
Congratulations Tammy!!! What an exciting milestone, whod'a ever thunk this weight would (could) actually come off this fast and with the help of your new stomach and new eating habits, will actually STAY OFF!! Yep, this WLS stuff is nothing short of a miracle. Thanks for sharing your happiness and milestone with us - hugs, Lei
TammyNVA
on 5/15/06 8:27 pm - Chesterfield, VA
Thanks for your encouragement, Lei. It's through stories like yours, and others here on OH, that I get my inspiration and courage to keep on going. If I can help even one person as you have helped me, my time on this site would have been time well spent. Hey, congratulations on your recent anniversary. Kyle and I celebrated our FIRST wedding anniversary (yep, newlyweds too) on May 7. Hugs, Tammy
Shanana
on 5/15/06 8:34 pm - Altavista, VA
Congrats Tammy!! You are doing great!!!! You are going to catch me for sure. I had my 6 mon appt last week and was 100 down from surgery and about 120 from highest. Happy anniversary too. My 9 years will be in a few weeks. Glad you are doing so well. Shannon
TammyNVA
on 5/15/06 8:36 pm - Chesterfield, VA
Thanks Shannon, 100 pounds in 6 months is GREAT!! I had hoped to get to that same milestone, but decided not to stress over it. I'm convinced this is a life-long journey, not a sprint. I'll get there when I get there. Happy anniversary to you too! Hugs, Tammy
yvette223
on 5/15/06 10:32 pm - winchester, VA
RNY on 01/24/06 with
WAY TO GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YVETTE
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 944 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2279 views