2nd Annual Rally in' the Valley

jilldennis
on 5/15/06 7:09 am - White Post, VA
RNY on 08/30/05 with
Hi, All - I just wanted to share a great event that is coming up. Rally in the Valley is being held at Shenandoah Harley Davidson in Staunton, Virginia - June 9th and 10th. There will be two concerts...Friday evening starting at 7pm is Pony Express and Aaron Tippin!...and then Saturday (which happens to be my birthday!!!) starting at 7pm is The Worx (the lead singer has a fine behind!!!!!) and then 38 Special. Jon and I have bought our tickets and we will be spending the night Friday night and Saturday night at the Stonewall Jackson and Conference Center in Staunton. If you would like to join us for some great fun and dancing here is the link to buy tickets: http://www.shenandoahhd.com/ You can also get tickets by phone: 540-213-RIDE or you can stop in at the Harley-Davidson dealership @ 213 Rolling Thunder Lane, Staunton, VA. Let me know if you are interested and hopefully we can meet up! Hugs! Jill There are a lot of hotels in the area too.
Susan E.
on 5/15/06 10:21 am - Purcellville, VA
Hi Jill, sounds like fun, Tom would have loved to join you guys but we are headed to visit our son that weekend. What did you do to your foot? Didn't know you bummed up your foot too. Are you and Jon planning on attending the Poker Run on this sat.? Starts at the Winchester Harley Dealership at 9 am ? Were thinking about it if the weather is nice. Susan
jilldennis
on 5/15/06 10:56 am - White Post, VA
RNY on 08/30/05 with
Hi, Susan - I had surgery on it 19 days ago...not that I'm counting... I won't be riding anywhere for a while yet...I am hoping by my birthday I will be back in the saddle!! What Poker Run is it? I haven't heard of any. Give me a shout if you all are going to be up there and I will run up there to see you! E-mail me and I will give you my cell number and home number! Hugs! Jill
Susan E.
on 5/15/06 11:55 am - Purcellville, VA
Sorry to hear about your surgery. Hope your healing well. Tom and I went to the new Harley store last sat. for some parts and I picked up a flyer. Its hosted by the Rolling Thunder Va Chapter . Its a benefit for the Children Miracle Network. $15.00 a hand. Not sure of the route. There's also on Sat. June 3rd the Leesburg Police Poker Run to benefit the Virginia Special Olympics. It includes a breakfast and lunch. Lots of door prizes too. Let me know if your interested. Registration is from 8 am to 10 am at the Leesburg Fire Department. I hope I am not sched to work that sat. That one sounds like fun too. Hope the weather hold up. Susan
jilldennis
on 5/15/06 11:06 pm - White Post, VA
RNY on 08/30/05 with
Hi, Again...my dad is coming up from Florida and Jon and him always do the Leesburg Poker Run. If they do it this year I think I am going to run down to Charlottesville to have lunch with the group down there. This Saturday - I will come up for a while just to say to people. We have a lot of friends in the Rolling Thunder chapter as well. Hopefully I'll see you there! Hugs Jill
(deactivated member)
on 5/15/06 7:59 pm - Grass.Shack.by.da'Beach, VA
::::::::::::: Hijack in Progress, uh, but Jill likes me ::::::::::::::: SUSAN!!! ....how the heck are you? How was the Cruise?? When did you get back? lol, guess while I'm tossing all these questions your way, where the heck have you been!!!! Hope things are going well and that you had a blast - been MISSING YOU around here. Hey? Do you know when we're supposed to put the rest of the money down on OUR cruise? Do they notify us by email, do we need to call them? I thought it was sometime in July, but it might even be June - I dunno, lol, so typical for Moi! Hugs - Lei
Susan E.
on 5/16/06 12:24 pm - Purcellville, VA
Hi Lei, Yes, I am back. And boy oh boy did we have a wonderful time. It was so beautiful everyday. Gawd, I am so addicted. Every aspect of it was perfect, as it always has been. I am soooo pumped for our upcoming trip. I don't want to wish our summer away, but, I just can't wait to go. We are going to have so much fun. And gosh darn it, we girls do deserve to have fun.(that's what Cindy Lauper sings anyway, and I do believe her) Ha Ha Its been a few rough weeks since I got home. While I was gone someone broke into my work office and stole all of the employee personal files. The police said this is someone looking to steal identities. GREAT, so I have been trying to head some creep off before they try and get me. Then the day after I got home a very close friend and co-worker of 7 years lost her son to suicide. It has been very intense and very sad. I have spent a lot of time with her. I feel so terrible for her and she is hurting very bad. Have had my trouble with dental pain the last week too. My dentist cannot help me, its too bad. I have been referred to a endodontist? Cannot get in till the 26 th. Geeze, have been living on Tylenol. It is claming down a bit. To top it off I was on my way to have dinner with my daughter last week. (didn't really want to go, needed to come home and rest) And I got a speeding ticket. I noticed about a hour later the d#*n, cop wrote on my ticket that I was 50 pounds heavier then I am. I am thinking listen jerk, you don't know what I have put myself through the last 13 months and the fact that you guessed my wt. to be 50 lbs heavier then I am stings way more then your stupid ticket. GEEZE (already feeling bad because I just can't shed another pound, then he adds to my misery) jerk. Looks like you and Paul had a great weekend and a beautiful anniversary. Sorry Paul is going to be gone a lot. Any news on your move? I hope they decide to leave him alone and keep you guys here in Virginia. Are you planning on going to the Boogie & Splash in June? My hubby will be out of town and I am planning on going. Would love to share the room cost with someone. If you know of anyone wanting to share a room please pass them my way. Can't wait to see everyone again and meet some new faces. Yes our money is due July 25 th. They don't send a reminder. You just have to call and they will add your balance to your credit card, if you wish. Or you can send them a check or money order. Call Dalia if you have any questions. She is usually very helpful. Sorry I missed the shindig in early April. Looks like it was a blast. Have a great weekend. Susan
A10sFrau
on 5/15/06 1:56 pm - Rockbridge Co., VA
Hey Jill, Thanks for the reminder. I am preparing to have my dad and sis down for a visit--first time since surgery--and I have been trying to get my calendar set before I make any commitments to them. Last summer I swore I would not miss the NEXT Rally in the Valley like I did LAST year. You all going to Rolling Thunder? Lois
jilldennis
on 5/15/06 11:08 pm - White Post, VA
RNY on 08/30/05 with
Hi, Lois! No, I'm not doing Rolling Thunder this year...it will be the first year I haven't. Jon will be in Nebraska and I am going to Richmond. I may see you at the Charlottesville lunch on the 3rd...I haven't made plans yet...but thinking about it! Hugs Jill
(deactivated member)
on 5/15/06 7:56 pm - Grass.Shack.by.da'Beach, VA
Aaaaw man, that sounds like so much FUN!!!!!! Yep, Im jealous! I'm thinking if I show up on "my bike" (a ten speed) they'll be laughing me straight outta the state. It doesnt have quite the rev' power as an MC does. Um do they not have any of these bike Rally's in the Tidewater area??? When are we going to see YOU and JON in our neck of the woods? hmmmm? I'm going to save the link so I can go check it out later - who the heck knows what's going on with my life, with the Navy playing co-ordinator of the social calendar - but Im so interested in anything that comes with a 2 day party complete with live bands! Hugs - Lei
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 944 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2279 views