Two number 3's and an extra Sausage McMuffin with Egg!

(deactivated member)
on 5/16/06 1:02 am - Fairfax Station, VA
...yup that was pretty much my basic breakfast at McDonald's, just about every day!!! No wonder I was almost 300 pounds! I did that so much they knew me at the local drive through ("oh, hi, we missed you yesterday", type of comment!!). I just came back from taking my Molly dog to Petsmart for her 'day of beauty' and passed a McDonalds and on this particular day it brought back memories to me -- especially as I was sipping on my protein drink as I passed it. But that was before this remarkable surgery, which I had exactly 8 months ago today. Wow - what a difference, not just in weight, but in my lifestyle! Have I ever said how thankful I am that I was able to have this life altering surgery!! I am now at 177 - starting at 189!! I can walk up and down stairs with relatively little pain in my knees, I still can't sit cross legged, I think that's due to a arthritic knee, but I can get up from a sitting on the ground (like I was yesterday when I was planting) position without getting up like a bug! I'm happy today! I hope you all are going to have a good day today, too. love donna
Kathy & Rich
on 5/16/06 1:37 am - Fairfax, VA
Donna, honey, Congrats on all your progress and on your reflection today! BTW, I suspect you've lost more than 12 lbs... Hugs, Kathy
(deactivated member)
on 5/16/06 6:19 am - Fairfax Station, VA
Thanks Kathy. It's been an awesome trip!! And yes of course, that was a typo! Hugs donna
Lelandmm
on 5/16/06 1:55 am - Chesapeake, VA
My weakness was Chic Fila. I woud hit their drive through and Get a chicken biscuit and a large sweet iced tea. Then eventually, it was 2 of each. I would eat one on the way to work, and then I would eat the other when I got to work. Co workers assumed I just stopped at the Chic Fila down the street from my office. My husband and I would go to McDonald's and get the Double Quarter pounder meal with the super size fries and the super size Coke, plus an apple pie. We'd eat that, and 2 hours later, I was in the kitchen looking for a snack. Now when I take my nephew to McDonald's, I get 2 kids meals. He is one of those kids who tells you in line he wants chicken nuggets, but when he opens it up, he decides he wants a hamburger. So I just get 2 kids meals and a bottle of water. I will have a couple fries, and maybe a nugget or half of his burger. Sometimes I get a salad if I think he might eat both. I look at when we used to go to Golden Corral, or the chinese buffet, and I am just amazed. When I just think of how much SUGAR I had because of the soft drinks, It makes me shudder. I would go through Pepsi like crazy. I could probably drink a 2 liter a day. It amazes me with all that sugar I never have had any cavaties! Its just so crazy for us to look back at what we used to eat. Not just the actual food, but the quantities. Leland
(deactivated member)
on 5/16/06 6:23 am - Fairfax Station, VA
Hi Leland, see now I never got into Chic Fila. Just wasn't one nearby and convenient. But you know you're right, the quantity of food I used to eat is amazing. In fact, I was looking at my food journal the other day that I used to have to show to the nutritionist while I was doing my six month pre-op, and even then it was a lot (and that was trying to cut down). And the other thing is, I see that I am not very understanding of my husband who still manages to put away alot of food. The other night I was just staring at him and he said 'what' -- and I said are you going to really eat all that! I think I embarrassed him and he said, no, I guess not. Of course then I felt bad and told him to go ahead and eat it. He did!! love donna
Lelandmm
on 5/16/06 6:34 am - Chesapeake, VA
Well unfortunately for me, I live right near a Mall area (chesapeake square) and I work right near another Mall area (Military Circle). So you know what springs up outside of every stinking mall. FOOD! I swear when I am at home I have like 10 fast food joints to choose from and 15 when I am at work. LUCKILY though, right down from my work is a Farm Fresh that has an AWESOME salad bar and SMALL containers. I can go make myself a quick salad on the days I dont have left overs. One thing I do now, for both hubby and I, is plate our food. I fix it, make me a container for work lunch the next day, then make his plate and mine. When he asks if there is anything else, I say NO! This means he's not looking at the pan of potatoes or whatever on table and getting seconds.
(deactivated member)
on 5/16/06 6:46 am - Fairfax Station, VA
Leland, thanks for the plate idea. That is a great idea. I know that Greg's overeating is my fault cause I cook the same amount so he eats all that, plus I give him what I don't eat! Poor guy doesn't stand a chance. I'm going to try the plate thingy though. Thanks for that. love donna
Ms Court
on 5/16/06 2:14 am - Remington, VA
Mine was a #1 with an extra hashbrown. Wow things have really changed. Congrats on your success Ms. Donna. You are very inspiring to those of us behind you. Courtney
(deactivated member)
on 5/16/06 6:25 am - Fairfax Station, VA
Hi Courtney, well you are an inspiration to me!! And I so wish I could have done this when I was your tender age!! Your life is just going to get better and better and better!! Why look at you now, you can't even walk down the street without having the guys just stare at you!! love donna
(deactivated member)
on 5/16/06 3:16 am - I Do Believe .. I Do I Do .., VA
Oh My sweet Donna ! You can feel your happiness in your writings . And yes, this surgery has changed and saved so many lives .. mine included . I tend not to look back at my old ways, but am reminded with every drive thru I pass . I too remember ordering up the Sausage Bisquit - with Sausage Gravy .. with hasbrowns .. and hey .. throw in a couple cinnamon buns ... OH.. and for sopping up the gravy .. gimme a butter bisquit too .. When I think back to those days.. I get ill .. I have yet to order from a McDonalds where I have to ask for the # menu . I do eat their salads .. and they are good .. but to go back to the other way .. Never ... We all have so much to be thankful for .. and reading post like this makes me very happy and yet proof that this surgery gives us back our lives. Love you , Natalie
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 944 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2279 views