Thanks to....

A10sFrau
on 5/15/06 3:19 am - Rockbridge Co., VA
The person who gave a good suggestion for when one has the munchies. I think it was someone on the Main Board. The suggestion was sunflower seeds in the shell. It gives you something to work your mouth on and you get very little out of it, BUT they are good for you. I have been munching on them at work and they DO delay the urge to stick something in one's mouth that will go down quickly! Lois
Michele R.
on 5/15/06 4:11 am - Pittsfield, MA
Excellent Idea! And it works to stop smoking too!!!!! Thanks for the tip! Hugs! Shele
(deactivated member)
on 5/15/06 8:08 pm - Grass.Shack.by.da'Beach, VA
Yum - don't forget Pumpkin Seeds too!! ...well, if you like them that is. Another time consuming snack that helps to keep the hands and mouth pre-occupied with a small addition of protein added to the mix.
Betsy Anitahug
on 5/16/06 3:05 am - Danville, VA
Hi Lois...My daughter eats these all the time....she had shells all over the house. She has been successful in keeping all her 175 off but now she is pregnant again so I guess she will be gaining again. Hugs, Betsy
kizie23
on 5/16/06 3:44 am - blacksburg, VA
Lois, Thank you for posting that. I have not thought about eating sunflower seeds. For some reason, I just figured that nut values on them would be the same as regular peanuts. I guess that is what I get for not checking it out. Again thank you, Melissa
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 944 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2279 views