Apples

Christine Hood
on 5/14/06 10:36 am - Fort Eustis, VA
Hey all! I have rediscovered apples in my month before surgery start to get healthy phase and was wondering how they work post op (and how soon). I figure that the skin is probably a bit too tough but at least the inside would be a great crunchy snack (i hope) Thanks Christine
(deactivated member)
on 5/14/06 10:50 am - I Do Believe .. I Do I Do .., VA
Apples.. hmmm.. Apples can be good and they can be bad for me . I take the skin off .. dip them in Peanut butter .. and yum . I can say .. try them .. see what happens . But I would reccomend .. taking the skin off .. Another crunchy snack that is getting ready to come into season is watermellon . Some do not eat it due it being a high carb .. but it is a good carb .. and newly post op it was my best crunchy friend .. and well .. you know my story .. watermellon never hurt me . Hugs... Nat
Christine Hood
on 5/14/06 10:55 am - Fort Eustis, VA
Thanks Nat! I can only hope that my story is as EXCELLENT as yours! By the way, I may have to join you all for the dinner and dancing thing when you come to the beach as it will be my last weekend before my new life starts...I'll have to get in my last couple of beers for awhile! Hope your ankle's doing well...and the beau Christine
A10sFrau
on 5/14/06 12:38 pm - Rockbridge Co., VA
I still have to be careful of apples. This is due to their texture, I am convinced. Melon goes right on down. My stomach 'cramps' each time I have some apple. I have to have very small amts and eat slowly. Good luck! Lois
(deactivated member)
on 5/14/06 9:13 pm - Grass.Shack.by.da'Beach, VA
Hello Christine - Apples have never been a problem for me - in the beginning, I always peeled 'em, just to be safe. Apples are chalk full of fiber, which is normally a GOOD thing, but can be kinda rough on a 'new pouch'. Now, 3+ years later, I still peel 'em, but it's because I find I like them better (taste wise) that way! I tend to err on the side of caution, when "peels" are involved - ie, apples, tomatoes, grapes - anything with a tougher texture, I only eat the insides of. Hugs - Lei
Michele R.
on 5/14/06 11:15 pm - Pittsfield, MA
Apples! I love them and won't be here for apple picking season but will be in VA! Do they have those orchards around there?! I was thinking about BAKED APPLES with SPLENDA and CINNAMON...maybe even a lil CLOVE just for comfort snuggles! YUMMALICIOUS! I am the apple pie baking person during Fall! OH I love the smell of fall! You really brought me some good memories Ladies! Thanks Christine Hugs! Shele
Cinderellen
on 5/15/06 5:05 am - Winterville, NC
Hi Shele. I'm not sure where in VA you'll be for apple picking season, but if you're anywhere near Charlottesville, there's a great orchard on Carter Mountain. The dirt road up to the top of the mountain is a little bit of a nail biter, but the view is wonderful and the apples are really great. We took our family there at least twice every year, for peaches then for the apples. If you're post op, stay away from the cider donuts, otherwise, they're to die for. ~Ellen
cheryl_jagow
on 5/15/06 3:32 am - CHESAPEAKE, VA
I love apples! I take the skin off. They dont hurt my stomach. Each person is different though. You have to test each thing to see if you can tolerate it! June 2nd is right around the corner!!!! What hospital are you going to be at? When is dinner and dancing?
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 944 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2279 views