I have my consultation appt with Commonwealth Surgeons on Wed please help...

JESS4HOUSTON
on 5/15/06 1:23 am - VA
What should I expect? Will I be meeting with the Dr or nurse? What are the next steps? How long was your surgery date from your consultation appt? I've got all my paperworked filed out... I'm so excited!! Any advice will be helpful!! Thanks! Jessica
Tam
on 5/15/06 3:29 am - Richmond, VA
Jessica~ Congratulations on your decision to have WLS and you have a wonderful doctor! I had another one from the same group and am very pleased with their work. I had surgery about five weeks after my consultation appointment, but it all depends on your insurance approval. The longer they take the longer it will be. You should be meeting with the nurse practitioner first. The second appointment is when I "met" Dr. Hutcher~~~but I already knew him so that was not a big deal for me. They nay have Dr. Martin come in toward the end of the appt. It is a pretty long one. I had tried several years earlier to have this done so a lot of my info was already charted and it cut down on what they had to do for me. I have forgoten what all I went through each time but basically they will take measurements, pictures, weight, bmi, medical history, etc and talk with you and answer your questions. Hope all goes well and you will be on the losing side soon! Tammy C
JESS4HOUSTON
on 5/15/06 3:58 am - VA
Thank you for your response!! I'm hoping my insurance approval goes very smoothly!! For some reason I have it in my head already that I have the approval!! I'll be one sad pup if I get denied! I was planning on taking my mom with me to the appt since my husband will be at work. Is this a bad idea since its such a long appt?
Tam
on 5/15/06 9:23 pm - Richmond, VA
My mom went with me to my first one several years ago when I first tried. When I went last year I went alone. If she puts you at ease and does not mind being there so long then take her along. You can use all the support you can get! Tammy
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 944 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2279 views