Sooooooooooooo, how was YOUR weekend?

(deactivated member)
on 5/15/06 12:29 am - Grass.Shack.by.da'Beach, VA
G'morning Dana ~ Aaaaw, more newlyweds, love is in da' air.... HAPPY ANNIVERSARY to you and your sweetie!! Just peeked at your "Mothers Day Update" on your profile too! I betcha' looked absolutely WONDERFUL in that long purple dress when you met the Beeee'yatch from Hades at the store! Yikes, I can't believe some of the stuff she was pulling and trying to get away with and what surprises me even more is that they didn't fire her a$$ for it - although it sounds like it was just one step short of that. Uh - so is this person just totally clueless/stupido? I can't believe after the nightmare she put you through in ER, she'd be all cozy and snoogum-oogums with you, inviting you to stop by soon? Right - gonna get right on that! Hey? On the shutterfly thing.... I typed this up for another person a few months ago who was trying to do the "shared album" link to the profile, I'm going to cut and paste it below and maybe it'll help you through it too? It's really very easy, once you get the hang of it - I love shutterfly. I've ordered photo-CARDs, Photo-Magnets, Prints, etc from there, great service!!! Hugs - Lei . ::::::::::::::: SHUTTERFLY SHARED LINKS :::::::::::::::: It's SOOOOOOOOOO EASY, honest. Im gonna try to explain it to you first - so you can try it out, if you can't get it to work, hollar back at me. After you upload the photos to your album - you're ready to SHARE the photos. Look at the top of the phot album page, there should be several TABS. One will be the option to "SHARE". Click on it. Then click on the NEXT button (again) on the top right of that screen. It will ask you if you want ALL the photos shared, assuming you do - click okay, or next, or yes, whatever the option is. If not, then say NO, and SELECT only the ones you want to share individually -- then continue by clicking on the "next" button in the upper right corner. It'll take you to a screen asking for the EMAIL address of the person you want to share it with. I always just type in MY email address - then hit ENTER (or next) sorry - don't have it pulled up. The reason I send it to MYself is because I always tend to share my photo albums with the boards. Rather then have to type in every one's email addresses and email them direct, it's easier to get an HTML link that I can just share in one post. After Shutterfly sends the email (to my email address) it ALSO sends a confirmation to me that it's been SENT. You'll get a message saying "Your album has been shared" and it'll include the HTML link in that notice. You can either cut and paste that HTML link to your post --- or -- you can wait till you get the confirmation SHARED album notice from Shutterfly. Then just CUT and PASTE the "HTML" coded link to your post and share it with the board! Hope it makes sense - if not hollar back!
Cinderellen
on 5/15/06 12:13 am - Winterville, NC
Good morning Lei! Sounds like you all had a great weekend. I cannot wait until I can ride rides again. Seems like this is taking forever. It's all about hurry up and wait. Anyway, since you asked.... I had a very nice mother's day weekend, until Sunday night. We went to Charlottesville to see a UVA-Notre Dame Lacrosse game. Then we went out to dinner with friends at Wild Wings and spent the night in Charlottesville so that we could go to our old church and see more friends. I hadn't realized how much I missed them. This was all great until we got home Sunday night. Our old and very beloved cat was not doing well when we arrived. We knew he was not going to be with us much longer, but it was still a shock to come home and find him that close to death. I think he had hung on to see us before he went, personally. We tried to take him to the vet, but he died in the car on the way over. My older son is taking it pretty hard, as it was his cat. We have pictures of them when he was small sleeping with the cat like a teddy bear. He will be missed. Anway, that was my weekend. Sorry you asked? Take Care. ~Ellen
(deactivated member)
on 5/15/06 12:46 am - Grass.Shack.by.da'Beach, VA
G'morning Ellen!! I'm SO SORRY to hear about your fur-baby and NO, Im not sorry I asked, I just wish your weekend hadn't ended so sadly!! I truly understand the aching and tears of having to say goodbye to a life long 4 legged friend. I'm a cat person and have had the pleasure of being loved and taken care of by them, for many years. 'Cause we all know, they actually lay all the ground rules and call all the shots in the house, right? Hey? You're time to ride those coasters WILL get here and I can't wait to read your updates when you share the stories with us!! I think that's why Im such a "Amusement Park Junkie" now. For 30 years, I couldn't fit in them... heck, even after I lost a 100 lbs with this surgery, I STILL COULD NOT FIT INTO THEM!!!! Our first week in VaBeach we made a trip to Busch Gardens. Unfortunately I ended up making the "long walk of shame" OFF the Apollo Coaster, because the bar would not latch around me. I remember being so devastated and of course embarrassed - it's like someone kicked me in the stomach. How could I have lost a 100 lbs and still not fit??? My husband and son, also wanted to get off the ride, but I wouldn't let them. Not only had they waited an hour for the ride, but this was a moment that I truly needed to be alone to deal with the tears, hurt and disappointment. Anyway - long story over, every single time I sit in a coaster now, it's a moment of triumph!!! It reminds me just how far Ive come and all the reasons to keep fighting the good fight, to maintain. Hugs - Lei
kabarron1
on 5/15/06 2:05 am - Hopewell, VA
Lei, It was so nice seeing you guys again! You're always so bubbly and full of life. Sorry if I was seemingly out of it. Was suffering from sleep deprivation and all. I'm glad to hear you two had such a great weekend and its so wonderful to see a couple who genuinely enjoy each other's company. You two are so sweet together. Well, thanks again for posting the pics. (Even though I still hate the way I look in photos!) Oh well, I guess that'll come around eventually. Take care and I look forward to seeing you again in June. Keith
(deactivated member)
on 5/15/06 6:27 am - Grass.Shack.by.da'Beach, VA
Hello again Keith!!! I had a wonderful time on Saturday and Im so glad we were ALL able to hook up, with little to no notice!! I love the impromptu stuff in life, especially when it all falls together so well, like this weekend did! Thanks for the kind words, referencing Paul and I. We have our NOT so 'sweet' moments too, and I have a pretty quick temper to help fuel the moment on, but I think as a whole, we are very much in love and blessed to have found each other. Hey? What the heck are YOU looking at in your photos that you hate? The pictures I saw (and Im sure everyone else saw) showed a very handsome guy smiling back! I just wish I'd gotten some MINUS your sunglasses. You've got gorgeous eyes, especially when the sun hits it just right. Um, and NO, Im not hittin' on ya.... honest! Hugs - Lei
Betsy Anitahug
on 5/15/06 2:06 am - Danville, VA
Awwww Lei...sounds like you had a wonderful anniversay! Sorry I missed all the fun although I had an exciting weekend myself. Thursday morning at 6am, my man called and said he wanted me down in Greensboro with him....then he said unlock my door...he was here!!!!! So I was once again kidnapped to Greensboro...we came back here on Saturday and he fixed me dinner, complete with candles...Sunday we went to church and then my oldest son and his fiancee came and took us out to dinner...He brought me a beautiful lily and a I am now a proud owner of a beautiful blue betta...gotta find a name for him. Jim left this morning and just called and he is on his way back....had a tooth worked on and he is coming here for some TLC...hehe. Anyway, looks like you had a wonderful weekend...miss ya bunches... Hugs, Betsy
(deactivated member)
on 5/15/06 6:34 am - Grass.Shack.by.da'Beach, VA
Oh my my, Jim seems to be very infatuated with you, Missy ma'am!! It sounds like you two have had quite a few wonderful weekends together and I love that he's leaving a smile on your face. Is he going to make it to the June Spla**** would be great to meet him. If I can't make it, I know there will be enough cameras around that I can see you both via the Kodak Moments! HEY??? Wait a second - you have a digital camera, dont you? I think that was a digital we were using at the beach, near the Neptune statue? If so - share some pics of you two when you get a chance, okay? Hugs - Lei
(deactivated member)
on 5/15/06 2:36 am - Fairfax Station, VA
Very nice pictures, Lei! Sounds like you all had a great weekend. What a nice combination, mother's day and your anniversary!! I loved seeing the pictures of everyone - Natalie and her friend, Keith, of course Paul and the kitty cat, the ever lovely Miss Holly looking especially spiffy, and of course Jo Ann. What a great weekend!! I'm glad you had fun Lei, and I thought of you during the rain we had and hoped that it didn't spoil your activities, which I was sure it wouldn't!! Oh Lei, tomorrow is my eight month anniversary and of course you know I put a picture in my profile -- would you??? Could you???? I'll send it to you. It's just one!! And it doesn't have to be done even this week, just sometime! thanks love donna
(deactivated member)
on 5/15/06 6:40 am - Grass.Shack.by.da'Beach, VA
Hello sweet Donna! I'm not sure how we managed to dodge the rain the entire weekend, but as luck would have it, we did! It seemed like everytime we LEFT a place, it was starting to sprinkle, or every time we arrived, they were in the middle of one ending - so the timing was RIGHT for a change! Absolutely, I can help with the photo - lol, and one day, I even plan on putting directions together for you, honest. Hey? Send it over to me TONIGHT or first thing in the morning, if you can, okay? Tuesday is going to be a relatively quiet day, then it's gonna pick up speed on Wednesday and Thursday and I won't be around the keyboard much. I'll also do a new 'side by side' also - just let me know when you've done your profile update, so I can go in and place the photos under the text! Love and hugs - Lei
cathya
on 5/15/06 3:21 am - Orlando, FL
Great pictures. I went to the OH Conference in Pittsburgh. I really enjoyed two good speakers -- Dr Jacques (2times) and Dr Stickler. If you ever get a chance to hear either of them you won't be sorry. For me, it was worth the 4 hour drive to hear them speak. I made a detour stop on the way up at my favorite store - Steinmart for a little shopping. You Va Beach girls make me jealous having 2 to shop at. I picked up several nice outfits for work. I got home late Saturday night and my husband had a beautiful bouquet of flowers waiting for me and a Mother's Day card. I was taken out for my favorite breakfast after Church on Sunday and my husband did the laundry for me. IT WAS A GREAT WEEKEND. Cathy
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 944 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2279 views