I'm a teenager again...

TammyNVA
on 5/14/06 8:54 am - Chesterfield, VA
I mean in the WLS aspect! Sheesh, you guys! AT 5 months out, and successful months if I say so myself, following the plan from my surgeon... I've been TRYING things I shouldn't, even though I've heard of other people's not so nice experiences. Ya know, until this past week, I was PROUD to say I'd only one time since surgery... Well, this week, was a twofer!! I tried to eat TOO much and MAN... THE POUCH WORKS!!! Let's hear it for this tool that WILL not let us get away with bad habits, well not all of them anyway! Yahoo!! Love you guys (and hey, for you recent or surgery-coming-up folks, do NOT think you won't dump on stuff just cause you've had a bite before, and then try MORE. All I can say is ) Tammy still not knowing what I weigh, but will announce it tomorrow after I go to the PCP
(deactivated member)
on 5/14/06 10:47 am - I Do Believe .. I Do I Do .., VA
You know Tammy ... even at 2 years out .. I still learn more and more about my tool . I posted the other day about this being the " all about me " and it stands for being accountable . And that is what the surgery does . What I tend to do is if something I try makes me ill .. I do .. stay far away from it .. I learned that lesson hard on raisins LOL . I miss you at the support group and can not wait until you return . I love your insight on all of this and you are very well voiced . I know you are going to be totally 100 % pleased with your results at the PCP . Love ya , Natalie
TammyNVA
on 5/15/06 12:25 pm - Chesterfield, VA
I miss you guys too!! I should be back in July... HOWEVER, I hope to see you at Boogie & Splash!! Take care, sweet Tink, Hugs, Tammy
A10sFrau
on 5/14/06 8:59 pm - Rockbridge Co., VA
Know what you mean about . I hadn't upchucked in a month and a half and then last week I had 1 bite of banana, after having eaten 3 bites of pot roast. My stomach continues to react strangely to food it hasn't had since surgery--kind of like a 3 year old who won't try anything new, or who says EWWW to every new thing. I had had both beef and banana, but not in the stomach at the same time. Go figure! Yesterday, I picked up to-go beef tips/mushrooms, mashed potatoes and steamed broccoli for my Mother's Day meal (the kids took me out the night before) and several days dinner thereafter. I have had less than successfull results from broccoli previously, but had never figured out if it was the broccoli alone, in combination, or something else I had eaten. I tried 2 teensy florets, 1 tiny mushroom and one piece of beef in the stomach at the same time. For about 20 minutes I was very uncomfortable. I kept everything down, and then had another mouthful or two over the course of the evening. Sometimes I remember I have had surgery and eat carefully to begin with, and sometimes I forget. It is not wonder I eat so much cottage cheese and yogurt, protein bars and supplements. I don't have to thing twice about how my stomach will react to them. Glad you are as happy as I with the results of surgery! Lois
Michele R.
on 5/14/06 11:44 pm - Pittsfield, MA
OH ...you are so honest! That's great! I hope you got some important lessons out of your mistake. Not because I am a meanie but because it will help you learn ya know? Take it easy on your tiny tummy...it gets sad when you hurt it. =( Hugs! Shele
TammyNVA
on 5/15/06 12:29 pm - Chesterfield, VA
Thanks for sharing, Lois!! I feel it's important for people who are still considering WLS, and those waiting for their time, to realize that the TOOL helps, but is not a cure! This journey still takes focus, dedication, and perseverence. So many of us have tried and failed with sooooo many weight loss plans. There is SUCCESS out there for all of us! I enjoyed reading about your shopping expeditions! Take care and keep up the good work, Tammy
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 944 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2279 views