Love my new life!

A10sFrau
on 5/9/06 3:07 am - Rockbridge Co., VA
Had a great weekend communing with Cody and talking about things she was finally ready to discuss. Aside from that--I went clothes shopping at Walmart and decided to post it here since two or three other Shop Mistresses have been buying smaller clothing, too. I have a few items in a variety of sizes I had gotten about two months back at Goodwills. The weather was cold, then. I have been fortunate to dig out a few smaller lighter weight dresses for work. I was stuck in the shorts department, though--and this is critical for me, because I coach. The team did order t's and sweatshirts and Cody told me yesterday I should have ordered a size smaller. Mine are XLs. I had no way of knowing what size I would be when they came in. Oh well--better than the XXXL sweatshirt I have been wearing, 2 sizes better! I have been making due with my old XL sweatpants that had been in storage. I have been wearing 2 old pair of shorts that flap in the wind. So I splurged and bought 2 tank tops, 1 women's XL and 2 size 16--the XL being tighter than the other two. Also got 2 pair of women's athletic shorts to match in a 14 and a 16. And, the BIG NEWS----- I splurged further and got an El Cheapo bathing suit! The black shorts I will pull up over the bottom to hide the tops of my legs and other unsightliness. I had just thrown away my old 2X and 3X bathing suits. Got all this for $46. I have cheapo new underwear, slacks and sweaters from Ebay and Goodwill, a leather jacket from Goodwill. Next purchase..... The DREADED BRAS! Oi Weh! The Olga 40DD cups come all the way up to the shoulders now! A different style (Body Physics) lets its underwires slide way down on my torso. I have felt like jogging recently, but NO WAY without the necessary Industrial Strength Brassieres!!! I don't want to look like this : . I'm sure you get my drift . So, I am almost set for summer. I have a pair of 18 jeans or two I will bring with me to the next Meet and Greet! We really all need to go shopping TOGETHER sometime!! Really!! Goodwill here I come!!! Lois
Michele R.
on 5/9/06 3:15 am - Pittsfield, MA
Lo...you had FUN didn't you! You can tell how excited you are from your type and that means SUPER EXCITED! Congratulations on your awesome shopping experience! Hugs! Shele
(deactivated member)
on 5/9/06 7:08 am - I Do Believe .. I Do I Do .., VA
It sounds like you are really excited . And trust me , I know what you are feeling . I remember getting a great pair of size 4 Tommy Hilfigers from the DAV store for 6 bucks.. and a beautiful skirt for 2 .. and thinking that it was better than any shopping spree I had ever been on. Way to go ! Shop till ya drop I say .. Hugs, Natalie
Betsy Anitahug
on 5/9/06 10:42 am - Danville, VA
Lois...I think if I had a million dollars, I would still seek out the thrift shops and goodwillie's.....it is like a treasure hunt and I love it. Yard sales are another great place to find treasures!!! You can get name brand stuff for next to nothing. I need to get a bathing suit, pj's, bras, and summer clothes for the conference!!!! I finally am enjoying shopping now...never did before but I sure do now. Hugs, Betsy
Jennifer V.
on 5/9/06 11:09 am - Waynesboro, VA
I can't wait to be like the rest of your girls. I'm busting out of my 24/26's and can't wait to be down to a size that starts with a "1". I'm hoping my date will be sometime in July, but I'm scared to get too excited.I've decided that when I grow smaller than my clothes I'll donate them to the local boy scout troupe to use as dining flies. Love, Jenn
*~Tigger~ *
on 5/9/06 11:38 am - Staunton, VA
Lois, I am so happy for you! You are doing great and looking so JoAnn
kizie23
on 5/10/06 4:25 am - blacksburg, VA
Lois, It sounds like you had a good time shopping. I have not been in a while, but I really need to go and find some black pants for work. My boss is getting upset with me wearing sweat pants all the time. Melissa
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 944 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2279 views