Moving right along

Betsy Anitahug
on 5/8/06 10:45 pm - Danville, VA
Well, I got on the scales this morning and I am still at 170 from my highest of 300 and since surgery from 248. I am a little over 4 months out. Alot of changes have occured with this weight loss and I am so excited about my new body. Alot of bad stuff hanging but with some duct tape I think I will be ok...hehe. My legs look like a Sharpee (ya know the wrinkled dog, just can't spell this morning)...Getting lots of compliments that I still have a hard time dealing with because I still feel as fat as ever. When I go to the stores I immediately head for the plus sizes...LOL...I try on things and they hang on me. I went to the Goodwill in Greensboro this weekend and got the most beautiful dress for $4.25 and the size was gone so I have no idea what size it is..all I know is that it looked so tiny but my bf told me to try it on...I did and wow. The only thing was the sleeves....trying to tuck all the skin in so it didn't show too bad...LOL. I have major "angel wings" hehe. This is such an exciting journey. My closet is bare but I am so happy...Life is wonderful and to think that a year ago, I was in a miserable marriage, depressed, lonely and so unhappy. My life has made a 360 degree turn around. I am dating now (a really sweet man has come into my life) and just enjoying life. I have made some wonderful friends off this board and they mean the world to me. I don't know how I would have made it the last 4 months without them. I thank God everyday for them because I know that He brought them into my life when I needed them the most. For all my angels (and you know who you are), I love you so much. For every one on the board, you are my inspiration and I love you too. Hugs, Betsy
Judy B.
on 5/8/06 10:56 pm - Marion, VA
Betsy dear I am so glad your life is better now. You so deserve it hon!!! I am also glad you have someone in your life that treats you well. I look forward to you coming here and us spending time together. You also are a great inspiration to me and im so glad to call you my friend. Take care of you hon and you know where i am if you ever need me. hugs JudyB
Betsy Anitahug
on 5/8/06 11:13 pm - Danville, VA
Thanks, Sweetie...You are very special and a beautiful lady...Thanks for being there and being so understanding. I love you bunches. Hugs, Betsy
Pat F.
on 5/9/06 12:04 am - Richmond, VA
Good morning beautiful butterfly. Glad to see you in such a great mood and being so happy. Unlike you I have start gaining again so I have gone back up to 205. Hopefully with the weather getting better I can get outside and do some walking but is mighty hard with working and going to school. I am doing real good in school and will graduate sometime in December. But I will not walk across the stage until like sometime next October. But at least I will be able to work in my field. I cannot wait I am so tired of working where I am they have no respect for anyone but money. Like I said you are doing great and I wish you the best in the world. I look for your posts all the time. I read the post but that is about all now. Here is hoping you the best of all to come.
Betsy Anitahug
on 5/9/06 12:20 am - Danville, VA
Awww, you are so sweet. Thanks for the sweet compliment. I think we have gone back to some fall weather!!! Hopefully it will warm up today. Slept in my flannel pj"s last night...too cold for me. What is your field going to be? I know you will do great and I am so proud of you...Good luck and hope to meet you soon. Hugs, Betsy
kabarron1
on 5/9/06 12:34 am - Hopewell, VA
Betsy, Hey there! I'm so very glad to see your doing so well in your journey. And got a boyfriend now too?!! You go girl!!! Good for you. It's funny though; because both you and I can say the same thing about how we felt a year ago in the "marital bliss" department! If you're anything like me that mere year ago seems almost like a lifetime ago or even someone else's life. But anyway! You keep up the great job you're doing and I look forward to seeing you in June. Keith
Betsy Anitahug
on 5/9/06 1:10 am - Danville, VA
Hi Keith, you sexy thing you....LOL...Wasn't marriage great???? another LOL...Yes, a year ago does seem like a lifetime ago but thank goodness. I am much happier than I have been in years although I don't want to go back to the seriousness right now. Too soon after a bad marriage. Well, I hope to see you soon. Hugs, Betsy
kabarron1
on 5/9/06 1:40 am - Hopewell, VA
Betsy, I can SOOOOOOO relate to the not wanting to go back to anything serious right now....but the trick is to not completely shut down to possibilities. What happens...happens. Keith
A10sFrau
on 5/9/06 1:50 am - Rockbridge Co., VA
Sent you an email, hon bun. Going to make my own post about clothes shopping this weekend!.. Love you, Lois
Michele R.
on 5/9/06 2:57 am - Pittsfield, MA
Take life by the HORNS! I can't wait to be able to shop at thrift stores!!!! And you have a wonderful man in your life too?! How much better does life get?! Hugs! Shele
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 944 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2279 views