Recent Posts

hollykim
on 1/2/15 6:29 am - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15
Topic: RE: Where do I start?

you might. Have to drive to Nashville. There are programs at Centennial,Baptist,and Vanderbilt. Gl

katarina49721
on 12/14/14 2:16 am - Port Angeles, WA
Topic: RE: Where do I start?

Still trying to find info for Cleveland Tennessee area. I am so tired of being tired. My back hurts a lot... looks like i might have a bulging disc now. Hoping to figure out what I have to do to start the process of getting my gastric bypass.

Pam Davis
on 12/10/14 9:04 am - Franklin, TN
Topic: RE: Calling all Centennial Center for the Treatment of Obesity Patients!

I was hoping to have both the date and location confirmed before posting an announcement. After running into multiple obstacles, we were unable to secure a location for the Holiday Reunion that would accommodate all of our needs. We have decided to move the annual event to the spring when there will be more availability for locations, less issues with the weather and better access for the fashion show. We are looking at dates at the end of April, first part of May. I hope to have the date confirmed within the next couple of weeks.

Pam Davis, Certified Bariatric Nurse, Bariatric Program Director
Centennial Center for the Treatment of Obesity
Join our Message Board -
Click here!
Follow us on Facebook -
Click here!
We're on Twitter -
Click here!

cmh2988
on 12/10/14 2:16 am
Topic: From Depression to Excitement

I have always been prone to gain a tremendous   amount of weight during my pregnancies. My first 83 lbs. 2nd 90lbs. 3rd over 100 and i kept gaining no matter what i did. At 399lbs i became disgusted with life and very depressed. I didnt want to show my face in public. I did but dreaded it. I didnt want to talk to people unless I had to because i was so embarrassed about how i looked. I am so thankful God provided a way for me to get the RNY Gastric Bypass Surgery. I am a little over a month out from surgery and have already lost 40 lbs. Dr. Dyer and his staff has been a blessing to work with and Dallas from Centennial hospital as well. I am so grateful! Just wanted to log on and share a piece of my journey. Love and Blessings!

cmh2988
on 12/9/14 11:17 pm
Topic: RE: Calling all Centennial Center for the Treatment of Obesity Patients!

Is this going to happen in 2014 also? If so when and where

Jenna77
on 11/22/14 2:08 am
VSG on 02/25/15
Topic: RE: How long?

First, congrats on the upcoming surgery date! Thank you for replying. I went and actually met the surgeon yesterday and after my PCP sends in the reports of my 6 months and a letter of recc. I still have to go to psych eval, meet with dietitian, and a physical therapist. They told me it should hopefully be under 3 months from now. I have to attend a seminar too but the next one isn't until the 9th. The only thing I am worried about now, is that I am not sure if my most recent 6 months are back to back. I know from this year I have 6 months though... I wonder if that will still work because it says 6 consecutive months.. Anyways. when do you start your pre op diet? My surgeon uses the Bariatric Advantage products, but those are so expensive! 

5'1 Consult: 227 HW: 232 SW:212 CW:131 GW: 120 Pant size start: 18/20 Current: size 6/8

M1: 195 (-17) M2: 184.6 (-10.4) M3: 176.6 (-8) M4: 168.2 (-8.4) M5: 160 (-8.2) M6: 155.4 (-4.6) M7: 145.6 (-9.8) M8: 141 (-4.6) M9: 137 (-4) M10: 135.8 (-1.2) M11: 135 (-.8) M12: 131 (-4) M13: (-0) M14: (-0) M15: (-0) 

Have stopped losing pounds but am losing inches! 

Nakia I.
on 11/21/14 11:33 pm
VSG on 12/08/14
Topic: RE: How long?

Hello, I got the referral and had to go thru the 6 month supervised diet (went thru my pcp) once that was complete and I had my referral appointment and they had my psychology and nutritionist appointment complete and they had the notes from them the surgeon submitted to the insurance and got an approval within a week. I am scheduled for RNY for Dec 8th 2014.

Jenna77
on 11/17/14 6:31 am
VSG on 02/25/15
Topic: RE: Shame, discouraged, a long road getting here

I have not had surgery yet, but my step-sister had the lap band and hers kept breaking. She went back and had another surgery, i'm sorry I can't remember if it was the sleeve or bypass, but has been extremely successful since then. I believe she is down about 60 pounds or so. 

Jenna77
on 11/17/14 6:25 am
VSG on 02/25/15
Topic: How long?

HI! I am new here and wanted to say hi. I went to my PCP today and got the referral to a bariatric surgeon and I have an appt on Friday! My question is for those of you who have Americhoice. How long did it take for you to get approved and get surgery? I know they cover the wls and I have the proof with my PCP of my weightloss attempts for the past several years. I had actually lost 70 pounds then had health issues that prevented me from exercising among other things and I am now about 5 pounds away from gaining it all back. I have tried weigh****chers and phentermine several different times as well as MFP, Anyways if anyone has any info it would be greatly appreciated. I am excited and nervous! Oh, I also am hoping to have the gastric sleeve done. 

Most Active
Recent Topics