Recent Posts

VickyRNY2014
on 9/2/15 10:31 am - Spring Hill, TN
Topic: Introduction

Hi all - I just wanted to introduce myself to the Tennessee WL Forum.  I am new to TN having moved here from Massachusetts around the 4th of July 2015.  I live in Spring Hill and work in Nashville.  

I had revision from Realize Lap Band (2008) to Lap Band (2014) and have lost 73 pounds since my revision!  While I am very happy with that loss, I still need to lose about another 50 lbs and know that I am slipping off the wagon so to speak.

I have rejoined OH with the hopes of finding support here in the Middle Tennessee area.  Do any of you attend support group meetings?  I found them to be extremely helpful in my early journey and would like to find a location to start attending again.  I also need to find a bariatric doctor in the Nashville area (preferably Vanderbilt) that accepts new patients for follow up from previous RNY surgery.  Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thank you all!

Vicky

Kim Gyurina, OH Staff
on 6/24/15 10:43 am, edited 6/24/15 11:09 am
DS on 09/27/23
Topic: New Hotel Booking information for NC Conference in October!

Hello friends!

We have had such great response from people booking hotel rooms for our Raleigh Conference, that our initial room block at the Embassy Suites sold out!  We now have an overflow hotel nearby that is running a shuttle specific for our conference, from 5 am to midnight. This is in addition to their 24 hour airport shuttle. Info is below, and the last day to book is 9/15/15! Tell your friends!  

We have set up an additional room block at Hyatt Place, a half-mile from the Airport and 4.5 miles from the Conference venue. Hyatt Place offers a complimentary shuttle to the airport and Conference. http://events.obesityhelp.com/2015-hotel-accommodations/

See you there! 

Kim Gyurina, Event Manager

Buchmansrus
on 5/9/15 10:32 am
Topic: RE: Where do I start?

I just had Gastric bypass surgery. I'm mid Tennessee.  I went to Cookeville, Tennessee and He was a great doctor. I am not sure exactly where your located. How far are you from Cookeville? sorry, I copied and pasted because I wanted you to see what I wrote too

Buchmansrus
on 5/9/15 10:30 am

I just had Gastric bypass surgery. I'm mid Tennessee.  I went to Cookeville, Tennessee and He was a great doctor. I am not sure exactly where your located. How far are you from Cookeville?

Kathy S.
on 5/5/15 2:29 am - InTheBurbs, XX
RNY on 08/29/04 with
Topic: ObesityHelp Conference Speakers: OH2015 Saturday Sessions

We are excited to announce our OH2015 ObesityHelp Conference speakers for the Saturday Sessions. In addition to a great line up of speakers, this year we have added more fitness activities to the conference schedule.

Make sure to stop by and learn more about both our Friday and Saturday speakers and their sessions. We continue to add more details to the OH2015 agenda, so keep checking!

Join us in Raleigh, NC, October 16th & 17th for two jammed pack days of education, support and celebration! Reserve Your Tickets NOW

HW:330 - GW:150 - MW:118-125

RW:190 - CW:130

Angela I.
on 4/6/15 10:55 am - Trenton, TN
Topic: Weight loss after pregnancy...

I am 3 years post op - (Jan 2012, RNY). I was losing weight at a decent rate for the first year. I went from 470 to 290. I decided to go on depo in Jan 2013. I gained about 15 lbs on that so my weight loss stopped. Because of that I decided not to stay on depo and went on the pill. Everything was going good til a back injury stopped any weight loss I was finally having again. From March 31st to August 1st I had 7 different rounds of steroids.

I thought ok now I can try to get back to losing weight when I found out in early October I was pregnant. I was told 3 weeks prior to getting pregnant (while on the pill) that I couldn't get pregnant. I was around 285 when I found out I was pregnant. My baby girl is due in late June. My main question is does anyone have any advice getting back into weight loss mode being over 3 years post op? I still want to get to my goal of about 175 lb, right now I am 310. I know it will be slow but I don't know what to do to lose weight but still get enough nutrition for my baby (I plan on breastfeeding as well). It is hard seeing my weight go up but I know its because I am 29 weeks pregnant but I am trying hard to not gain so much weight.

Jarrett
on 3/13/15 12:05 pm

I am thinking about having a revision at Vandy. I had gastric bypass surgery in the 80's and I started gaining weight in 2001. Almost have gained all the weight I lost. I went to Centinneal Medical Center and Dr. Houston said he would do my surgery but then he decided not to... His office called and told me. I asked why and they said they didn't know. I called the office several times to talk to home but he never cLled me back . I have insurance with Aenta. I am checking to find out what the requirements are. Are you thinking about going to Vandy?? Thanks

Kathy S.
on 3/9/15 1:23 am - InTheBurbs, XX
RNY on 08/29/04 with
Topic: OH2015 Early Bird Registration Closes March 27th

Hurry, don't miss out on OH's event filled fun, education and a chance to meet fellow members of your WLS community.

SAVE NOW WITH EARLY BIRD REGISTRATION!

Kathy S.
on 2/26/15 5:30 am - InTheBurbs, XX
RNY on 08/29/04 with
Topic: The moment you've all been waiting for . . . OH2015 Location Announcement!

And the winner is....

http://events.obesityhelp.com/

Not sure you are going?  Check out the video from last years conference and you will see what you missed.  BOOK NOW

We hope to see you all there

Most Active
Recent Topics