Recent Posts

abp0511
on 11/6/15 3:09 pm
Topic: RE: BMI OVER 70

Try Dr Scot****son or Michael Hodge with the Surgical Group of Johnson City. Dr Watson is doing mine on Wednesday and they're the leading group for bariatric surgery in Northeast Tennessee. If they can't maybe try Wellmont's Bariatric Center (Dr Andrew Kramer or Dr Elizabeth Jackson). As a previous poster said, don't give up. Try everyone that you can possibly find, someone out there will do it!!!

Jemille33
on 11/1/15 6:02 am
Topic: RE: MEDICAID AND MEDICARE SURGEONS LIST!

Being from the Memphis area myself. How did that work for you with doctor appointments going back and forth as well as the time it took you to have the surgery

sweetpotato1959
on 10/26/15 10:04 pm
Topic: RE: Weight loss after pregnancy...

Ok, Babies are here... Get with the program!... go back to your origional one...count your proteins, keep good carbs low, Take your vitamins and minerals. stop all sweets for a few weeks to get on the right foot, even fruits... get in your water.. You ladies can both do this I have confidence i you. I am 20 years post op from Obesity center in Mem....my surgery is not done anymore, but i have your issues and I am here for you.

I started at 292 1/2, and am presently at 160... Life got in the way and I had gained to 190.I was under tremendous stress, and as it was released, I began loosing again.... so I am back on the way now, and I have lowered my goal! I want to go to 145... 5'4"..

sweetpotato1959
on 10/26/15 9:55 pm
Topic: RE: BMI OVER 70

TRY NASHVILLE., Vanderbelt center for surgery.. Or Midsouth Bariatrics in Memphis area.. could not find the one I used it was thru UT?Memephis...Am not sure which hospital they choose.

Have him do isometrics...at night will help to burn more calories while sleeping. Tell him don't give UP! He IS WORTH this journey.

Brookie101
on 10/21/15 10:49 am
Topic: RE: Introduction

Centennial has one at the Fourth Avenue Church of Christ I believe every 3rd Monday of the month.

Brookie101
on 10/21/15 10:47 am

Good Afternoon, I also live in Spring Hill! I hope you are enjoying TN so far!

Brookie101
on 10/21/15 10:46 am
Topic: RE: Dr. Houston?

How did it go? Would love to hear! My surgery is Nov 18!

becolegray
on 10/11/15 10:43 am - Union City, TN
RNY on 01/09/12
Topic: RE: Weight loss after pregnancy...

I know this is a late reply, but I am sort of in the same boat. I had my baby last November and breastfed until just a few weeks ago. I am now trying to get back into weight loss mode. I am just not sure where to get started. I am currently on day 3 of the 5 day pouch test and plan to go back to my post-op basics once I finish, but I am just not sure if it is too late for that or not. I did lose 6 lbs the first two days, though.

happy37412
on 9/16/15 6:00 pm
Topic: BMI OVER 70

Hello,

Looking for a surgeon in TN or GA who will perform RNY on someone with  a BMI 75. We live in Chattanooga, TN and there are no surgeons here that will do it.  Insurance has already approved. He has lost 60 pounds on his own which is how he got down to 75 BMI, afraid we can't continue loosing more weight to get below 70, if it were that easy he wouldn't need surgery. 

Thanks any help or advice is greatly appreciated!

Tamala/Jeremiah

A. Robinson
on 9/16/15 12:32 pm - Columbia, TN
VSG on 04/29/13

I used Baptist Metabolic Center. I believe anyone can attend the support groups. I went to 2 of them & enjoyed them. I don't think its called Baptist Metabolic Center anymore though. Its St. Thomas ...something.

Most Active
Recent Topics