Recent Posts

KellyJTn
on 6/26/12 7:11 am - Oak Ridge, TN
Topic: RE: Tncare coverage and a surgeon that accepts it
I know this is a deactivated member now, but I figured I would answer just in case anyone else needed to know. I have the same insurance and it paid for my duodenal switch in full. The only thing I had to pay was the program fee. I used Dr. Boyce in Knoxville.

~Kelly ~   
SW 364/CW 164/GW 150             

KellyJTn
on 6/26/12 7:09 am - Oak Ridge, TN
Topic: RE: Pain Managment after WLS
There are procedures (you'll be awake, just numbed up) that can be done to help ease your pain. There are nerve blocks, and epidural steroid injections plus many more. I work for a Dr that does these on a daily basis and they really help a lot of people. Especially people who cannot take pain medication for some reason or another. We are just outside of Knoxville, so I could give you his info if you're interested.

~Kelly ~   
SW 364/CW 164/GW 150             

becolegray
on 6/25/12 4:15 pm - Union City, TN
RNY on 01/09/12
Topic: RE: support groups in NWTN?
I am calling about the support group in Martin in the morning. If the info is still valid, I will be attending tomorrow evening. I will post any info I find out. Thanks everyone!

becolegray
on 6/23/12 2:11 pm - Union City, TN
RNY on 01/09/12
I will definitely look into this. I am changing jobs soon and will be working in Union City as opposed to traveling, so this would work wonders for me!

katikati
on 6/23/12 12:04 pm - Eads, TN
VSG on 02/06/13
Topic: RE: Tennessee Medicare Post-Ops: Input needed
Just want to follow this up in case anyone else runs into this same problem.  I called Medicare back to ask about this specifically, and the person I spoke to was incredibly helpful.  She checked all the documentation she could and said she did not see anywhere that it was specifically required for one to have refractory hypertension with a history of having tried at least three medications.  You just need the comorbidity of diabetes, hypertension, etc.  I'm going to print the information from the CMS web site and fax it to my patient advocate at the doctor's office on Monday to clear this up.

rhearob
on 6/22/12 5:52 am - TN
Topic: RE: Tennessee Medicare Post-Ops: Input needed
 Did medicare provide you anything in writing - if so provide that to the surgeons office.  Otherwise, I would call medicare back and ask them to fax something to the surgeons office.  It could simply be that the surgeon has outdated info on file.  It happens.

VSG: 11/2/2011; LBL+Thigh Lift+BL: 10/3/2012; Brach+Mastopexy:  7/22/2013

Angela I.
on 6/22/12 3:37 am - Trenton, TN
There is a support group thru Centennial in Martin TN.

I have thought about going. It's about a 45 min drive for me.

The information is:

Time: 6:15 T0 7:45 each Tuesday Location: Sideline Physical Therapy and Fitness Center Moderator: Brenda Campbell (731)588-3961

It's the old movie theater downtown. At least I think its downtown lol.

DaDivaDSTnee
on 6/22/12 2:49 am - TN
RNY on 10/08/12
Topic: RE: MEDICAID AND MEDICARE SURGEONS LIST!
 I agree....I'll probably be going to many more seminars to try and get this surgery but I'm going to do it because I'm a fighter
DaDivaDSTnee
on 6/22/12 2:33 am - TN
RNY on 10/08/12
Topic: RE: Frustration!!
 Thank you so much for your response. I've been reading your blog and I LOVE IT!! Your post helped me calm down. I got some hopeful news today and I'm happy. Thank you for taking the time out to respond to my post, it gives me hope!!
DaDivaDSTnee
on 6/22/12 2:32 am - TN
RNY on 10/08/12
Topic: RE: Frustration!!
 Thank you...I needed to breathe and regroup...yesterday I was upset and tired and frustrated...today I got some hopeful good news and I just thank God that he has placed people in this situation that are trying to help me. Thank you for responding to my post. It lets me know that I am not alone. 
Most Active
Recent Topics