Recent Posts

kymt
on 7/19/12 1:27 am - nashville, TN
Topic: its been almost 8 yrs
its been almost 8yrs for me since my rebirth. im very happy that i had the surgery but at this time i find my self 30 lbs back on. sooo i came back to where it all started and plan on working the plan like i did right after surgery  . so wish me luck as i work to stay on the road to weight lost.
LOVING ME ALWAYS THEKAT67
KELLY H.
on 7/18/12 11:52 pm - Greenbrier, TN
VSG on 12/26/12
Topic: RE: MEDICAID AND MEDICARE SURGEONS LIST!
 If you TennCare/Medicaid don't go to the seminar at Gateway.  They do not take the insurance.  I didn't find out until after I drove all the way up there. Go to this one instead and save yourself the time. 

http://www.cumberlandbariatricinstitute.com/free-seminar

KELLY H.
on 7/18/12 11:48 pm - Greenbrier, TN
VSG on 12/26/12
 I went to Gateway and they DO NOT take Amerigroup/Medicaid.  Apparently,  there used to be a doctor with their practice who did but he is no longer there.  Dr. Kent in Lebanon does.  I am seeing him now.  He is very nice and his office staff is super great.  He is with Cumberland Bariatric Institute.  

Google it and you shouldn't have a problem finding them.  

Good luck!
Keikei_86
on 7/18/12 8:26 pm - Antioch, TN
 Hey are u going this coming Monday??
Keikei_86
on 7/18/12 8:13 pm - Antioch, TN
 I am new to all this. I'm not from this state so I'm having trouble find a surgeon. I am on state insurance so any way u coul guide me. I know about gateway but I don't know the surgeons? And is Clarksville the only place I can go on tenncare!?
Deborah T.
on 7/16/12 8:41 am - GA
Topic: OH National Atlanta Conference in Oct.
Hello Friends!   I’m helping out OH by coordinating the fashion show models for the October Atlanta Conference. Below is some information they’d like you to know so you can come join us and show off on the catwalk!   Remember, EVERYONE is invited to participate, men and women. All you have to do is bring an outfit you’d like to be photographed in.   Email to [email protected] your photos and information: ·        High resolution before and after photos ·        Your full name, OH screen name, surgeon, surgery type and (optional) amount of weight lost This is your chance to shine and to show everyone what a great job you’ve done. It’s also a way to let the community know who your surgeon is.   PM me if you have questions, or email [email protected]. We will be accepting your photos and info until early September, but don’t wait too long!     Thank you!
Deborah Turrell  

GETTING HEALTHY ONE POUND AT A TIME

Deborah Turrell
Obesity Help Support Group Leader/Obesity Help Life Coach

jaya_renee
on 7/15/12 6:28 pm - Memphis, TN
Robyn,
I too live in Memphis & wa unable to find a doctor because the 2 drs that did accept tncare left back in 2008 so I ended up having my surgery done with Dr. Dyer in Nashville. Easy process & he is wonderful!

Regina
Rivertaz68
on 7/14/12 9:26 am - TN
DS on 08/07/12
Topic: RE: Just joined
Hi just and update  let you know my DS is set for August 7 and I have my pre-op on July 16th, hope you are doing good and everything is going well with you..
Deborah T.
on 7/14/12 6:19 am - GA
KELLY H.
on 7/12/12 4:33 am - Greenbrier, TN
VSG on 12/26/12
 I just went to the seminar for Dr. Kent in Lebanon a few days ago.  I am not going to lie,  I don't think he's been doing it a long time but he does accept Amerigroup and Americhoice.   He seemed nice enough but it's no where near big a practice as Cenntenial or Gateway.  I am going to my first appointment next week.   I will  post about him on his page if he has one here. 

He does NOT do gastric bypass only gastric sleeve and the lap band but he DOES accept Medicaid.   There is hope for those stuck on state insurance!
Most Active
Recent Topics