Recent Posts

Member Services
on 9/8/12 1:46 pm - Irvine, CA
Topic: Meet Our Speakers: Colleen M. Cook

Meet Our Speakers: Colleen M. Cook

Hope & Help for the Pain of Regain

Join 17 year WLS veteran Colleen M. Cook for both a shot in the arm and a kick in the seat as she shares lessons from long-term losers and imparts insight, inspiration, and hope for WLS patients struggling with extended plateaus or weight regain. Her thoughts, stories, and personal experiences will inspire and motivate you to reach and maintain your optimum weight loss.

Also, don't miss her Keynote on Friday: Nothing Succeeds Like Success

We hope to see you in Atlanta, GA October 5th and 6th! Click here to book your ticket today!

Fast Facts About Colleen

-Colleen is the author of The Success Habits of Weight Loss Surgery Patients.
- She is the president or Bariatric Support Centers International, a company that specializes in providing education and support services for weight loss surgery patients and the professionals who serve them.
- Colleen currently serves on the National Advisory board for the Walk From Obesity.
-Known as Ms. Enthusiasm, Colleen helps men and women from all walks of life recognize their extraordinary potential and then inspires then to aspire.

TnSam
on 9/8/12 12:33 pm - Morristown, TN
Topic: RE: Needing Help In TN
Samantha,

I just read your post. Many Medical positons are opened but you need to make sure that thier Medical Ins will cover WLS surgery. Many companies are making sure that thier INS will cover WLS due to it will help with many diffrent areas in a person life including thee amount of Meds they take. I am over 2 yrs out and I have lost nearly 2ooLbs. I need to have the exsest Skin removed. Hope this helps, Sam
PoohHag
on 9/6/12 9:17 am - TN
VSG on 06/11/12
Topic: RE: Need info on a local Support Group...
 Look for bariatric doctors in the Lebanon area.  Call them and see if they have a support group.
Julie G.
on 9/3/12 10:46 am - Lebanon, TN
Topic: Need info on a local Support Group...
When I had my surgery 8 years ago, there used to be a Support Group locally.  I live in Lebanon, TN.  I don't know if they still have one or not, or even when it meets.  Does anyone know?  I can't drive to Nashville for their support group.  I need one local to where I am.

Thanks,
Julie
Member Services
on 8/31/12 1:42 pm - Irvine, CA
Topic: MEDICAID AND MEDICARE SURGEONS LIST!
Hello Members,

On a daily basis we get calls from members in desperate need of surgeons that will accept Medicaid and or Medicare for Bariatric surgery.  It breaks our hearts when we have to say "we don't know of any surgeons in your state we can refer you to". 

Can you please help us? If you know of any surgeons in your state that accepts Medicaid and or Medicare, will you list their:

Name

If they accept Medicare and or Medcaid

Phone number

Facility

Address

This list will remain here for our members to access and use.

Thank you so much!!!

ObesityHelp,

Member Services

kymt
on 8/28/12 9:04 am - nashville, TN
Topic: RE: its been almost 8 yrs
Mine was at vandy
LOVING ME ALWAYS THEKAT67
juddfan1974
on 8/28/12 8:57 am - TN
VSG on 07/02/12
Oh sorry I see your surgeons name now.  I am not sure if Centennial's support groups or open to non patients or not.  You might give them a call.

juddfan1974
on 8/28/12 8:55 am - TN
VSG on 07/02/12
Hang in there and keep working at it.  I don't see on your profile who your surgeon is, but if it was one of the surgeons from the Cenntennial Center for for the Treatment of Obesity you might want to look into attending one of their support groups if you aren't all ready.  If you didn't come throught that program you might contact your surgeon about support groups that they offer.  There are some people in my group who are struggling a few years after surgery.  There is a support group that meets once a month that focuses on staying on track or getting back on track whichever applies.

kymt
on 8/28/12 8:44 am - nashville, TN
Im walking alot more trying to get this 30 lbs back off. still trying to get my self back on track with the vitamns and protein drinks.
LOVING ME ALWAYS THEKAT67
juddfan1974
on 8/28/12 8:38 am - TN
VSG on 07/02/12

How are things going for you?

Most Active
Recent Topics