Recent Posts

Sniffles...
on 4/11/10 7:53 am - Hendersonville, TN
Topic: 'really enjoyed lunch bunch yesterday!
I really enjoyed seeing you guys yesterday and wanted to say thank you for the protein shake samples you gave me... and also thanks to Steve for offering me his water and mashed cauliflower since I'm on liquids and purees right now. It was delish! 'can't wait to see you guys again next month!

Height 5'9" Highest BMI - 45.3 Current BMI - 24.2
03/27/10 - 307 (pre-surgery),    03/30/10 - 303 (surgery),    Now - 164    
Steve615
on 4/11/10 3:06 am
Topic: RE: Plastic Surgeon - any recommendations?
Thanks.. any rough 'guesstimate' of how much is may cost? I know it depends on exactly what you have done, but wondering if I am going to spend $5, 10, $15,000, etc. ? Gotta check that jar in my room with all the pennies in it.  LOL

Heck.. with all the money I've saved eating out over the past year, maybe I can just cut a check for the procedure... :-p
SCOTT O.
on 4/11/10 3:01 am - Nashville, TN
I'm probably hitting up Lois Wagstrom in the near future myself.  I know she did wonders with Beth!
Susan J.
on 4/11/10 2:51 am - Madison, TN
Lois Wagstrom...LOVE HER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Susan (AKA bilsrib) 
300/135/135 - Plastics February 2008 - Dr. Lois Wagstrom

P E A C E - It does not mean to be in a place where there is no noise, trouble, or hard work. It means to be in the midst of those things and still be calm in your heart.

Susan J.
on 4/11/10 2:50 am - Madison, TN
Topic: RE: Baptist Support Group

Paula moved home to Georgia to be closer to her parents. She did promise to drop in on us from time to time.

Susan (AKA bilsrib) 

P E A C E - It does not mean to be in a place where there is no noise, trouble, or hard work. It means to be in the midst of those things and still be calm in your heart.

Pam E.
on 4/11/10 1:09 am - Hermitage, TN
Topic: RE: Baptist Support Group
I haven't been on here for at least a month...whata....where's  Paula going?
She will be missed but I hope it's a good move.  

Steve615
on 4/10/10 10:54 pm
Topic: Plastic Surgeon - any recommendations?
It's about that time for me to start looking around for a plastic surgeon that will be a good fit for the work I will need done. Would a few of you mind sharing some names of surgeons that you have had good experiences with?

Ideally, I am looking for someone that is affiliated with Humana and HCA / Tristar network hospitals, but I can call them to get those specifics.

Thanks in advance for sharing this info!
Susan J.
on 4/10/10 12:12 am - Madison, TN
Topic: RE: Lunch Bunch Saturday, April 10

Well, I hope to see you at the May support group meeting. May 4th at 5:30.

Susan (AKA bilsrib) 

Barbara D.
on 4/10/10 12:07 am - Mt. Juliet, TN
Topic: RE: Lunch Bunch Saturday, April 10
Sorry I can't be there.  Found out last night that one of Jim's cousin's died and the funeral is at 11am Saturday.  Next month I will be moving into my new house.  Will see you guys in June.
nashvillemama58
on 4/9/10 4:28 pm, edited 4/9/10 4:28 pm
Topic: RE: ATTN: Dr. Hugh Houston (of Centennial)'s Patients
 "Because honestly, I just don't know what I want anymore. "

That's the statement you should start with. I'm assuming you've been to the intro session where they give you the book? If not, you should do that.

I originally wanted the lap band, but I was self pay and asked, "what are most of your self-pay patients doing"....because I wasn't tied down by insurance companies' rules. He replied that most of them got the sleeve.

Soooo....that's what I got, fully mindful of the fact that it could be revised to the DS if I needed it later. I'm a "lightweight", so I think the sleeve will be it. I have to say that I really haven't had any problems except trying to throw away the Ghirardelli chocolate my son brought back from San Francisco "for Easter". I was really nervous before hand and really scared but I didn't want to wind up like my mother who has diabetes which has become the focal point of her life. I just wanted to live a life that wasn't constantly limited by that disease. I've already accomplished that, so I have to say the operation was already a success, even though I have more to lose.

I was pretty rigorous with the questions, even asking for another phone consultation about making sure he would keep my gall bladder if it looked OK (I'm kind of attached to the little guy). I now take Ursodiol and I haven't had any problems.

Anyway, he's glad to help you make the decision and it really comes down to what operation will fit you the best (and what the insurance mandates, if you have that).

Don't worry, I'm sure you'll walk out of the office feeling a lot better about all this!

Most Active
Recent Topics