Recent Posts

TerryInTN
on 11/22/12 6:54 am - Estill Springs, TN
Topic: Gastric Sleeve on December 11

Hi all I wanted to introduce myself, I am having my surgery on Dec 11 I am going to have the vertical sleeve so hi

nurse55
on 11/21/12 3:26 pm
DS on 09/11/12
Topic: RE: Best lap band surgeons in Nashville?

Centennial Bariatrics has their self pay prices listed under "Can you afford not to have surgery"..Lapband is 12,666....They are also a center of excellence...which means everything is geared toward bariatric patients...I had the DS done in September and had a super easy surgery and recovery!!!

jennlg
on 11/20/12 9:29 am - Nashville, TN
Topic: Best lap band surgeons in Nashville?

I am on the hunt for a GREAT surgeon to do a lap band on me. Right now I am leaning towards Baptist Hospital with maybe Dr. Spaw, but I'm completely open to suggestions. Who did yours? Would you recommend them? I am doing self pay and when I called Vanderbilt, they said it was going to be over $17,000. Baptist said that since I am self pay, they give you a discount and they charge $12,000.  This is all new to me. Any and all help is appreciated! :)

cpope71
on 11/12/12 12:41 pm
Topic: RE: Dr. Houston (Nashville), DS, and Medicare.

Dr. Houston did my wls July 17,2012. He is the best..... I have medicare and a supplemental insurance and only paid 18 dollars....

redambruster
on 11/12/12 10:52 am - lebanon, TN
Topic: RE: The Doctors at Centenial; An Introduction
I am also a cenntenial patient . Their program is awesome. The staff is friendly. And my hospital stay was top notch.
rhearob
on 10/25/12 5:19 am - TN
Topic: RE: Starting again with many emotions.

Good Luck!

VSG: 11/2/2011; LBL+Thigh Lift+BL: 10/3/2012; Brach+Mastopexy:  7/22/2013

k9ophile
on 10/24/12 4:11 pm
Topic: RE: Starting again with many emotions.
So good to "see" you again.  So many good people were here when I started out and that includes you and your husband.  It's a lot quieter around here these days & I guess everyone is just out living and loving life.

I hope everything goes well for you.  You'll be in my thoughts and prayers.

"Our ultimate freedom is the right and power to decide how anybody or anything outside ourselves will affect us."  Stephen Covey

Don't litter!  Spay or neuter your pet

Cher312
on 10/24/12 9:01 am - TN
Topic: Starting again with many emotions.

Here I go again. Had the lapband, had complications it has been removed. I am now starting all over again. This time I will be having the gastric by-pass. Today I had my 1st of 6 months of PCP visits with a new doctor/hospital/program. I am looking to have my surgery sometime around March or April. I loved the board before and met so many wonderful people (some of which I am still in contact with). I am hoping to do the same this time around.

nurse55
on 10/19/12 5:21 pm
DS on 09/11/12
Topic: Medicare now covers the Sleeve
This may be old news, but saw on Centennial FB page on Wed that medicare now covers the sleeve.  I had the DS on 9/11/12 and the sleeve was not covered just 1 month ago. Dr. Houston was my Dr. I am old...in my 50's and I have had 0 problems. I feel better that I did before surgery.  Dr Houston is a wonderful surgeon.

TRISH S.
on 10/15/12 2:31 am
VSG on 07/03/12
Topic: RE: Dr. Houston (Nashville), DS, and Medicare.
DR. HOUSTON IS THE BEST. I REALLY LIKED HIM. AND HE IS VERY ON TOP OF THINGS. I HAD NO PROBLEMS AND LOVE MY SLEEVE. THANKS TO ROBERT AND OTHERS ON THIS FORUM. I HAVE SAILED THRU THIS PROCEDURE. GOOD LUCK AND GOD BLESS.

Most Active
Recent Topics