Recent Posts

jssharp1
on 4/19/10 4:39 am
Topic: Fill Dr in TN? had band in Mexico
I had my Lap Band in Mexico. I am looking for a fill Dr. in or NP in TN. Any suggestions of doctors who will see patients they did not perform the surgery on??
(deactivated member)
on 4/19/10 4:13 am - Sparta, TN
Topic: RE: Cookeville Area DS group - tomorrow
Sorry I've missed the past couple of meetings...life has been crazy lately! Can't wait to see everybody next month!

~misty
kimdawn67
on 4/19/10 4:05 am - Hermitage, TN
Topic: Approved!!!
I got the call on Friday that Cigna had approved me for the lap band.  I have to still have my mental evaulation and then I can get scheduled.

Woo Hoo!!

Now I need to figure out how to put up one of those cool tickers to mark my pounds falling off!

CharleeG
on 4/19/10 3:21 am - Jonesboro, AR
Topic: RE: Tennis
*blush* Thanks so much Terry! I'm having a bit of an off day today but every other day has been better than the previous. I'm so ready for *doing* and not just *being*

THOLLMAN
on 4/19/10 3:03 am - SAINT JOSEPH, TN
April 19 2010
Thank you, I'm not much of a player either it is a good change ot pace. I don't post alot on here but I do read them. You have such a great attitude that will take you far. I thought I would never have energy again after the surgery but it comes back with each passing day.
Terry Hollman
t2nashville
on 4/19/10 3:02 am
Topic: RE: Great Update
Congratulations, Justin! Great to get an update from you, as I have followed your story since your surgery. Continued success on your journey! You are truly an inspiration.

CharleeG
on 4/19/10 12:53 am - Jonesboro, AR
Topic: RE: protein protein protein
If you're looking for protein powder, Vitalady sells samples of every brand & flavor she carries. The list is here.
Protein content in food: Big ol list.

Hope this is helpful!

CharleeG
on 4/19/10 12:47 am - Jonesboro, AR
Congratulations! I don't play tennis but I'm sure looking forward to having that kind of energy.

(deactivated member)
on 4/18/10 12:44 pm - Sevierville, TN
Topic: RE: Okay, Wow, Didn't Expect to be Taken in Circles??????? *LONG*

Based on your level of confusion, my advice would be to do some more research on your own before you make a decision. Talk to several people who have had each type of surgery and get a real and accurate idea of what you will be getting yourself into.

I know nothing about Dr. Houston so cant offer any comment but I think it is very important that whatever surgeon you choose, you should feel comfortable and safe with him/her. There is nothing wrong with meeting with different surgeons until you find one you are comfortable with. Your life will be in his/her hands after all so your feeling are important. If possible talk with current patients of whatever surgeon you meet with and see how they feel about him and how they are doing now.

There is no reason to hurry such a life-altering decision.

I wish you the best during the process.
Karen

jharrington8172
on 4/18/10 10:57 am - Hermitage, TN
Topic: RE: DS Revision
Dr. Houston will do a revision but you will not get a true DS (more like a ERNY) I believe he will keep your pouch and then he will re-route your intestines to be like the DS.  So you will have malsorborpsion but not a full stomach.    I have not heard of Dr. Spaw doing a revision from RNY to DS but he is a very good surgeon so I would think he could but you may want to check with his office.   Good luck in your journey.  

480/435/180/230
HW/SW/CW/GW

Currently Looking into Plastics with Dr. Carden (in Mexico)

Most Active
Recent Topics