Recent Posts

tiny1
on 1/18/13 11:17 pm - Clarksville, TN
Topic: RE: Program Fees?

Yes those are the programs I was referring to. Thanks for the info. I hope to have a RNY revision to DS with Dr. Houston in the next couple of months, doing all the pre-op work right now and have the meeting on Tuesday night to find out more.

katikati
on 1/18/13 10:01 am - Eads, TN
VSG on 02/06/13
Topic: RE: Program Fees?

What do you mean by program fees?  Do you mean for the program (dieticion, pre-op class, post-op meetings, etc.) that comes with surgery?  If you mean that, then no.  It is my understanding that that is all included with the cost for the surgery itself.  I can tell you that I'm having the VSG with Dr. Houston, which just became payable by Medicare, and all I am paying is my surgery co-pay.

tiny1
on 1/18/13 9:52 am - Clarksville, TN
Topic: Program Fees?

Wanted to know if Dr. Houston (Centennial) charges program fees for all his surgeries? I have seen on this board that different doctors have different fee. I am looking to have a RNY revision to DS with Dr. Houston, but needed to find out about these program fees. Did your insurance cover these fees? Thanks.

k9ophile
on 1/17/13 3:45 am
Topic: RE: Question for Centennial (Nashville) post-ops

My husband was overweight and 67 when he slept on the little fold open thing.  We could have afforded a hotel  room for him, yet he chose to stay with me.  I just asked him about it and he doesn't remember much about it.  He had surgery at the main hospital a few years before my WLS. Same story only I wasn't that old, yet was massively overweight.  Yeah, it wasn't a Beauty Rest, but I'd do it again in a heart beat. 

If she cannot tolerate it, ask local hotels if they give discounts for situations like this.  I got a discount for the night we stayed before I went into the hospital at the Holiday Inn just blocks from Centennial.

"Our ultimate freedom is the right and power to decide how anybody or anything outside ourselves will affect us."  Stephen Covey

Don't litter!  Spay or neuter your pet

mom2threeboyz
on 1/17/13 1:43 am - Colorado Springs, CO
Topic: RE: Question for Centennial (Nashville) post-ops

The chair is not like a recliner.  it just folds down to a tiny bed.  My 6 ft husband had to sleep in one each time we had the kids.   3 different hospitals in two states and they were the same lol.    You can always ask if they have a room with a couch.   Otherwise....it really is not going to be fun for your mom. =(

katikati
on 1/16/13 4:35 pm - Eads, TN
VSG on 02/06/13
Topic: Question for Centennial (Nashville) post-ops

My mom is going to be staying in the room with me after my surgery.  I've read that the Women's Hospital at Centennial guest bed in the patient rooms is a chair that folds out into a bed.  I'm a little concerned about my Mom's comfort while she's there with me, because I will probably be in the hospital for three days after surgery.  Can anyone give me a better description of the chair/bed?  She's overweight and 60 years old, and I'm just afraid she's going to be so uncomfortable.  Can she sleep in it like a recliner?  Is it really narrow, or is it really hard?  Also, do you generally get a private room, or do you have a room mate?  Anything at all you can share would be much appreciated.  I've tried in vain to actually just find a picture of one of their rooms.  Thanks!

katikati
on 1/11/13 9:30 am - Eads, TN
VSG on 02/06/13
Topic: VSG on February 6th!

I'm having surgery at Centennial on February 6th!  Anyone else having surgery there that day?  I'm so excited!

Tammy Davis
on 1/8/13 2:20 pm - Cookeville, TN
Topic: RE: Gastric Sleeve on December 11

After meeting with my docter at Centennial and discussing all my health problems I have decided that gastric bypass roux en y is going to be the best choice for me. I have GERD pretty bad and the sleeve tends to make it worse. good luck on your journey

redambruster
on 1/4/13 6:50 am - lebanon, TN
Topic: RE: its been almost 8 yrs
Centennials may cost if your a non member not sure though
redambruster
on 1/4/13 6:48 am - lebanon, TN
Topic: RE: Up for adoption ?
Check Cumberland bariatrics in Lebanon tn
Most Active
Recent Topics