Recent Posts

nurse55
on 2/7/13 6:43 pm
DS on 09/11/12
Topic: RE: Best lap band surgeons in Nashville?

I am an RN and I researched for over 2 years before making the decision to have the DS. It is not an easy surgery and requires a very experienced surgeon to perform the surgery. I had no complications and went home with no drains and have had a very smooth recovery thus far.  When I started this journey, I was positive I wanted the band, then after meeting several patients that had the band slip or erode into their stomach, I quickly changed my mind. Then I was sure I wanted the RNY, but after much research, I found that I would not be able to use NSAIDS and I have arthritis and fibromyalgia...so I chose the DS which left my pyloric valve in place and has the highest wt loss percentage and lowest regain. The DS is a tool and requires work and discipline on your part and I am not far enough out to presume to tell you what best meets your needs.  I think the suggestion that you visit the support groups and seminars will give you some of the info you need to make the best decision for yourself...Good Luck and if there is anything I can do, please feel free to contact me.

nurse55
on 2/7/13 6:30 pm
DS on 09/11/12
Topic: RE: Program Fees?

No, if you go to Centennial Weight loss page, it says No Program Fees....Dr. Houston is my surgeon...does he do revisions??? If so I am curious as to how many he has performed????  After your meeting, please post here and let me know..Thanks

nurse55
on 2/7/13 6:25 pm
DS on 09/11/12
Topic: RE: Help, need a support group

I live in middle Tenn on Monteagle Mountain...between Chatt and Nashville, so there is nothing close to me...but I know there is a Dr in Murfreesboro or Shelbyville doing bariatric surgery...have you tried calling the hospital where you live and asking if a support group meets there??? BTW, before I changed surgery type, I was a patient of Dr. Clements. Do they have an active support group you could join or it is too far for you...Good luck!!! 

lptazbear66
on 2/6/13 9:33 pm - Murfreesboro, TN
Topic: Help, need a support group

I live in Murfreesboro so I prefer something sort of near here but am open to options.  I am 2 1/2 yrs out and have never gone to support groups (well once after surgery).  I am still 15 lbs from goal and need some support.  Suggestions? 

RNY at Vanderbilt Nashville, TN July 26, 2010 with Dr Clements. All loss is post op        
nurse55
on 1/31/13 3:25 pm
DS on 09/11/12
Topic: RE: Question for Centennial (Nashville) post-ops

First nite, my daughter and I stayed in a room that Dr. Houston's office had given us the name of. After my surgery, my daughter and husband took turns sleeping in the chair. My room was small, and the chair was wedged against the wall. You have private rooms. The hospital gave my Hubby the name of hotel close by and we got a much better price there. Good luck

Madysdad
on 1/29/13 4:17 am - TN
Topic: RE: Amerigroup / Middle Tennessee?

TENNCARE AMERIGROUP is currently only accepted by Dr. George Eckles in Murfreesboro, and Dr. Charles Huddleston in Cookeville, Tn

These are the only options...

You are required to attend a seminar with the hospital that is doing the surgery.. I have met both dr eckles and i have met Dr. huddleston. I will be going with dr huddleston...

Approval will require a bmi over 35 and two comorbidities or a bmi over 40 and no comorbidities..

also 6 months of weigh ins with PCP, proof of failed diet attempt and a written recommendation plus office notes from pcp..

then a psych exam is required, and a cardiac stress test all before insurance approval... finallly if insurance approves some prop stuff will be done....

After attending a seminar start with having your pcp sending a referral to the Dr. office that you choose.

Dr. Eckles 615 396 4199   or 615 867 1940

murfreesboro will not admit to accepting Amerigroup on the phone because they dont like the paperwork. sad but true.... However if you attend a seminar they will discuss it with you while you are there...

Cookeville Dr. Huddleston 931 528 1992

Best of luck!

Tammy Davis
on 1/25/13 10:11 am - Cookeville, TN

Yeah if I can get over whatever is making me feel so cruddy. Ive had a sore throat, small 2 point fever and my head has been hurting for 3 days.

katikati
on 1/24/13 5:20 am - Eads, TN
VSG on 02/06/13

Oh, and taking the bowel prep the night before that should make for an interesting time at the hospital.  At least the bathroom will be nearby!  :P

katikati
on 1/24/13 5:19 am - Eads, TN
VSG on 02/06/13

We'll probably run into each other, Tammy.  I'm having surgery the same day as you.  :)  How exciting that your mom is getting it too!

Tammy Davis
on 1/24/13 5:15 am - Cookeville, TN

My mom is having gastric bypass the day before me, so I have to try and sleep in whatever is provided. it won't be fun Im sure seeig that I have to take my bowel prep that evening.

Most Active
Recent Topics