Recent Posts

Cher312
on 3/12/13 5:00 am - TN
Topic: In the final stage

Well, after this Thursday I will have all of my paperwork complete and soon it will be sent to my insurance. Then I will be playing the waiting on Insurance game. Hoping it will not take for ever. I will post updated as they happen................:o)

Cher312
on 3/12/13 4:55 am - TN
Topic: RE: Starting again with many emotions.

Hi Nancy, and yes I remember you. I believe that you and your husband came down for one of our Christmas get togethers. Good to hear from you. Sorry that you have had issues with your weight. I can totally relate for sure. I have my last Dr. appt this thursday and then my paperwork can be sent to insurance. I can't wait to get this going again. I am going to try to get back on here more. I wish you the best of luck with you starting again. I know we can do this..........:)

Nancy W.
on 3/11/13 5:53 am - Sevierville, TN
Topic: RE: Starting again with many emotions.

Hi Cher,

think we were on about the same time, wit Scott, Marilyn and others.  I have a support group in Sevierville now but do not get on here very often.  I did not have the same problems as you but have had a little over 30 pounds weight gain in the last 1 1/2 years (after losing 91), partially due to some medical problems and having to go on prednisone but also because I let life get in my way and stopped exercising.  I am restarting my life tomorrow as I have signed up for an exercise class at the local community center.  I am apparently one of those people who have structure in their life, :). 

Good luck on your upcoming surgery and I am sure you will be successful.  Love,  Nancy

nurse55
on 3/8/13 1:53 pm
DS on 09/11/12
Topic: RE: ?? about Dr. Kirk Sahagian

Are you seeing him just to get back on track or are you seeking a revision???

Julie G.
on 3/5/13 8:33 am - Lebanon, TN
Topic: ?? about Dr. Kirk Sahagian

I have finally found a surgeon who will take my insurance.  His name is Dr. Kirk Sahagian from Clarksville, TN.  Does anyone know anything about him or have any experience with him?  I had my original surgery (RNY) back in 2004.  My old doctor moved out of state a long time ago and the office stopped taking my insurance. 

Also, shamefully, I have gained all of my lost weight back plus some.  I'm trying to do the high protein, low carb again.  But the weight isn't coming off.  I could really use some support.

Julie

Lucy21485
on 3/4/13 2:18 pm
Adjustable Gastric Band on 08/20/06
Topic: BCBS of Tennessee
Anyone trying to revise from lap band to sleeve and have this insurance? If so how was the insurance process? I was denied for non compliance and submitted a grievance appeal.
PoohHag
on 2/13/13 9:06 am - TN
VSG on 06/11/12
Topic: RE: Help, need a support group

There is a support group at the Murfreesboro hospital in the Seton building.  The associated surgeons are Dr. Westmoreland and Dr. Eckles.

Call Anne Marie at 615-396-4965.  She's a RN who had RNY a few years ago and now leads the support groups.  She'll be able to point you to the schedule.  Most of the groups are held at 5 PM, but one a month is held at 9 AM.

Hope to see you there sometime!

rhearob
on 2/11/13 1:01 am - TN
Topic: RE: Up for adoption ?

Call Centennial again.  When I had surgery we had a number of people "transferring" in.  You can transfer in for life for a nominal fee, I believe it was $500 or so.  

Centennial has a great program.   The program includes access to support groups (Nurse led, peer led, and psychologist led) as well as access to exercise physiologists and dietitians. 

VSG: 11/2/2011; LBL+Thigh Lift+BL: 10/3/2012; Brach+Mastopexy:  7/22/2013

rhearob
on 2/11/13 12:56 am - TN

Check the Obesity Action Coalition - there is a list of support groups searchable on their website.  Also, a lot of people use Overeaters Anonymous.  You can also find a list on their website.

VSG: 11/2/2011; LBL+Thigh Lift+BL: 10/3/2012; Brach+Mastopexy:  7/22/2013

lptazbear66
on 2/8/13 10:36 am - Murfreesboro, TN

I will check this area again.  Monteagle is such a pretty area (as long as it is not icy).  I go to Chattanooga often so drive through there. 

RNY at Vanderbilt Nashville, TN July 26, 2010 with Dr Clements. All loss is post op        
Most Active
Recent Topics