Recent Posts

Kerri B.
on 8/1/14 1:59 am - Crawford, TN
Topic: RE: Any old folks still around?

Well girl....I am back....I have had a really hard time lately and have had some regain.  I really miss being on these boards.  I know what to do it is just getting it done.  I know I have the skills to do this.  I was a great success and I know I can be again.  Can't wait to get back with everyone on here.....all the old timers and meet me some new comers.  Great to see you here hope we can connect soon.

Kerri Bullock....Cookeville TN
Suppot Group Leader for Centennial 

katarina49721
on 7/11/14 1:03 am - Port Angeles, WA
Topic: Where do I start?

I have been looking into gastric bypass for about 10-12 years, even was close to having the surgery until a fungus that got into my body and lymph-node caused a massive weight loss and the doctor stopped proceedings. I am not sure which I want a RnY or DS but I know that I need to get on the ball. I have heard that you can not gain weight from the first weigh in, but if the diets and such are not helping then there is going to be some weight gain. I am in Tennessee (Cleveland-about 30 miles north of Chattanooga) and I have no idea who to even start with. I do not have a PCP and since I rarely go to the doctor for anything, I don't know how to find a PCP in this area. If there is anyone on here who is in my area or close to it, it would be appreciated. I did try a herbal supplement in the last few years. went from 295 to 245... good right? well once I started working a 3rd shift and couldn't really eat every couple hours I had to stop taking the supplement and the weight has come back... I am back to nearly 283... it is so frustrating with the up and down weight loss and gain. And the thing that stinks is that I didn't get any of that weight loss or gain recorded by a physician so it doesn't count... lol

So I guess my main question is where do I start? I do have a appointment in a couple of weeks for a "primary" visit at our local urgent care. The doctor does pcp on certain days. I had my blood work done recently and everything looks really good. Normal glucose and cholesterol. I have a good blood pressure. But due to the weight and such I do have shortness or breath, back pain, and prone to bronchitis at least once a year. I do plan on asking him about the weight loss surgery and see if he can refer me to someone who takes TennCare BlueCare (tennessee medicaid).

Anyhow I really need a support system. My dh is great but says he doesn't care if I lose weight or not. But is behind me on whatever I choose. I am not happy the way I am. I hate it more than anything. I grew up with my mother being BIG and I was embarrassed of her. I don't want my boys to be embarrassed of me due to my weight. Although my 17 year old says "mom your not that big... 500lbs is BIG" I just say awwww... but i FEEL like i am a ton. I want my confidence and self esteem back. And in my mind I can't get it back if I am this way. 

Hope to hear from someone soon. Thanks so much

TheDeathStar
on 6/27/14 5:01 am
VSG on 10/29/13
Topic: RE: Help!!!! Can anyone recommend a great bariatric surgeon in Clarksville TN???

I had my gallbladder out my Dr. Sahagian. He did a great job. However, my experience with Gateway medical center left something to be desired. Consider surgery with Dr. Houston or Dr. Spaw in Nashville. It's not that long a drive, and your recovery may be more comfortable in a different hospital.

Wanda1118
on 6/17/14 8:07 am
VSG on 07/09/14
Topic: RE: Help!!!! Can anyone recommend a great bariatric surgeon in Clarksville TN???

Dr. Kirk Sahagian. He use to be at Ft Campbell, but has his own practice now in with Premier Medical..I am scheduled for my surgery on July 9..also has a very nice office staff

D. Switcher
on 6/7/14 10:40 am
Topic: RE: surgery with Dr Boyce - DS

Check Vitalady.com for DS. Much too low on list vites.

Sleeve to DS Conversion - Regain 290# Current weight: 252# - VSG lowest weight: 235#  

"Serenity to Accept, Courage to Change, and Wisdom to Know..."

***all comments are my personal experience and/ or opinion***

D. Switcher
on 6/7/14 10:38 am
Topic: RE: surgery with Dr Boyce - DS

Check Vitalady.com for DS. Much too low on list vites.

Sleeve to DS Conversion - Regain 290# Current weight: 252# - VSG lowest weight: 235#  

"Serenity to Accept, Courage to Change, and Wisdom to Know..."

***all comments are my personal experience and/ or opinion***

bornleader79
on 5/28/14 2:41 pm - Fort Campbell , KY
Topic: Help!!!! Can anyone recommend a great bariatric surgeon in Clarksville TN???

If you have experience with this surgeon??? Please give me the name!!! T.I.A

Also on You Tube! Check me Out
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VY_oy2y3XfM

Malmal0712
on 5/27/14 3:45 am - Milan, TN
Topic: RE: MEDICAID AND MEDICARE SURGEONS LIST!

I saw where this post was from quite some time Ago. Does anyone know of a clinic / surgeon near middle or west tn that takes bluecare/Medicaid ??

EverydayDiva
on 5/16/14 6:33 am
Topic: RE: Need a girdle?

Thanks for the suggestions, everyone. I must have $1,000 worth of shapers that just don't for me. Yet I keep holding on to them hoping that 'in a few more pounds' they'll suddenly start working their magic!

Years ago Barely There made a wonderful cotton/spandex shaper that didn't roll down at the waist or up at the thighs. It was nice and thick, but lightweight and breathable since it was all cotton. Extra tummy control panel in front, with a nice shaped back panel that didn't squash your rear. The perfect garment. And of course, I can't find it ANYWHERE anymore. The ones I bought were from Target, but they don't seem to carry it anymore and my online searches have turned up nothing.  Has anyone seen these anywhere?

For leggings I have found some nice ones that come in a nice thick lycra spandex with a tummy control panel at Wal-Mart made by Sweet Nothings. They come in capri and longer lengths, and look cute under shorter dresses (my legs aren't fit for public viewing).

Hope this helps!

VSG Surgery Date 05/21/14      

GoBlueGirl1998
on 5/16/14 5:33 am - MI
Topic: RE: Need a girdle?

I have become obsessed with yummi tummy high waist short with slip. I hear your frustrations and I have wasted money on more than a few shapewear products. Yummi tummi is the first product I have liked and I feel like I haven't wasted money on. It may be worth checking the website out!

Most Active
Recent Topics