Bluecare Provider?

tanyakinne
on 3/23/06 7:58 am - Tellico Plains, TN
Hi, I am new here and wanted to know if some of you can answer a question or two for me. Anyone been approved recently for Bluecare for gastric bypass and also, where I can find a surgeon in the East TN area that does this? Thanks so much.
DkSdoftheMn45
on 3/23/06 12:20 pm - Andersonville, TN
Hello Tanya, This is Sara. I have BlueCare/Medicade. I am using the Surgeons in Johnson City. They seem to be pretty good. My Dr. Is Dr. Michael Hodge.Here is the office #. 423-975-0764. Surgical Group of Johnson City is the entire name. Kathy Newton or some of the other ladies &/or gentlemen may know other Dr.'s. I hope this help's you. Best of luck to you. , Sara.
catwoman
on 3/23/06 12:23 pm - Knoxville, TN
Dear Tanya Kinne, I have Bluecare Medcaid. I found a surgeon in Johnson City who takes our insurance. The doctor name is Dr.Hodge , Sugical Group of Johnson City. The phone no. is: 423-975-0764 He is a honest doctor and if you asked, What surgery would he choose if he was me. He said none. He would not have the surgery. He was honest with everything and well manner to the client. He and his staff are willing to help you with anything or a question you have. He will even tell you how many people have die or try sucide. He was very honest and did not try to talk me into the surgery. I hope this help's you. Your friend, Tina
LJP
on 3/23/06 1:14 pm - CLEVELAND, TN
My husband has been approved has blue care/medicade and is being sent to Dr. Kelly wright at vanderbilt in nashville.
Kathy Newton
on 3/24/06 12:25 am - LaVergne, TN
Tanya, my surgeon is Dr. Colquitt out of Maryville. He and his partner plus Blount Memorial hospital accepts medicade. Their number is 865-984-3413 their mortallity rate is zero. The staff at the office as well as the ones at the hospital are well trained in helping obese patients. They return calls, the hospital checks up on you. Check them out. I have medicare/medicade and they accepted it without any problems. Best of luck. Kathy
Kathy Newton
on 3/24/06 12:38 am - LaVergne, TN
By the way, if you need to get a hold of me, just put Kathy in the title and I'll get it. I'm the only Kathy on this board. Later, Kathy PSS: read my daily quotes. They're very inspiring.
tanyakinne
on 3/24/06 6:26 am - Tellico Plains, TN
Thank all of you for your help. As soon as I go back to my PCP, I will let him know what he found out and I will give him the name of these physicians. I will let you know how it all is going. Wish me luck and keep me in your prayers.
Krissystanley
on 8/3/14 2:51 am

Hi, I am going to my first seminar to get a gastric sleeve. I have BlueCare and was wondering what all I have to do to get approved by the insurance company? any help 

D66
on 8/21/14 9:58 pm

Hi, try reviewing BlueCare web site for the guidelines, etc. Also, when you go to the seminar that may help answer some of your questions as well.

Usually the preps: such as meeting with nutritionist, Lab, Psych visit, etc, etc....will take about 3-4 months to complete.

Just have patience and it'll happen one day at a time then it'll all be behind you before you know it.

I'm nearly 3 months into this and just completed all my pre-reps, now waiting on submission to insurance for approval...

Darlene

Most Active
Recent Topics