Hello from a new member!

Harriett M.
on 7/14/04 7:25 am - Whitwell, TN
I have been following some of the message boards and profiles on this site for a few months now. I see my PCP monday to ask his opinion on me possibly having surgery. I will be honest. This scares me to death. However, I am starting to have more and more health problems due to my weight. I'm not sure how things will go or if I will end up having the surgery, but here I am anyway.
ShrinkingKatie
on 7/14/04 7:36 am - Crossville, TN
Hi Harriett!!!! Welcome to the Tennessee Board! I'm so glad to see, yet a NEW FACE on the board! However, I really think you've just made the first major step towards your weight loss journey. Admiting you need help and posting here asking for advice is a big thing! If you have any questions about the surgery, please feel free to post them here or you can e-mail me, if you'd like! I'm post-op! 3 months and a 2 weeks! [email protected] Best wishes, Katie
Bernice B.
on 7/14/04 7:39 am - Camden, TN
Hay there Harriett, Glad to meet you. I'm Bernice. I also watched the boards for a while.. I understand perfectly where your comming from. I cryed all the way to the hospital. My poor husband went crazy. But your doing the right thing by informing yourself to what you want. I have to tell you, I would do it all over again if I had to. And I regret nothing. You take care. Welcome to the board. And good luck. Your new friend, Bernice. P.S. Let me know if you need any info. If I don't know the answer, I'll find it for you....
ShrinkingKatie
on 7/14/04 8:04 am - Crossville, TN
Bernice! Your gonna laugh at me but I just NOW realized your a POSTIE! I'm sure you've told me - It just didn't sink in to my redheaded brain! Anyways, I just wanted to say CONGRATS on your loss! I just peeked at your profile.... Wow! You look fantastic! I can't wait to be that close to goal! Hugs, Katie
Bernice B.
on 7/14/04 11:31 pm - Camden, TN
Hay threre Katie, I have to say, that every time I look in the mirror, I can't believe that I'm a postie. lol.. I also can't believe that I've lost so much. I can't remember how long it's been that I was this small. And I don't remember ever looking this good when I was on my way up the scale..( I don't seem to remember alot) I'm sure I'm not the only one who thinks this way. You'll see. And you should be proud of your self. Your doing great too.. But thanks.. It does meen alot comming from you. Hugs Bernice
kristie T.
on 7/14/04 11:27 am - monteagle, TN
welcome to the board glad u r hear that is a start i wish u the *******so just started my wls journey i watched and read a lot of posted letters from people i have been wanting surgey for 2 years but finally got my doctor to aggree well best wish on ur journey kristie
tinyTNgirl
on 7/14/04 1:09 pm - TN
Hiya Harriett and welcome to the OH TN family! We're so glad you've joined us. Trust me when I say the feelings you're experiencing are completely normal and we've all had them. The journey to weight loss surgery is one roller coaster ride after another. But when the cars pull into the station and the bars lift for you to get out, you'll be saying oh yeah, what a ride!!! We are here for you and will give you as much support as you need. Please visit us often and keep us updated on your journey. May God bless you as you progress through! Melanie
Eva O.
on 7/14/04 1:13 pm - Thompson Station, TN
Hi Harriett, Welcome to the tenn.board you will find a lot of friendly people and feel free to post and let us know what you decied to do. I know i am ready to get on with my journey to a better and healthy life.I am going to have the lap band surgery hopefully.Let me know if i can be of any help to you or anyone on the board will be glad to help i am sure. Eva
TraumaRN
on 7/14/04 11:05 pm - COVINGTON, TN
WElcome to our board Harriett. Keep us posted on your journey.
Candik2
on 7/15/04 1:50 am - South Central, TN
Welcome Harriett, we're glad to have you here & posting. These boards have been a huge help & place of wonderful information. The decision to have any type of surgery is scary, especially ones like these. We all know what you mean about getting more health problems. I know that's why I decided this route. After my doctor informed me that if I didn't lose the weight that I would be a full blown diabetic w/in a few years I knew I had to do something. It's been 5 months now since I've started this process & I'm hoping to hear some good news about an approval by next week. So come to these boards, ask all the questions you need to & research, research, research . Whatever question you have SOMEONE on these boards has already been through it. If your PCP is behind you it is so much more helpful, b/c you're probably going to need a letter from him. If he's not & you think this is the right decision for you then switch doctors. I know when I went to my PCP I had no idea where he stood on WLS & I was pleasantly surprised when he said he thought I would be a wonderful candidate for these types of surgery. Unfortunately he wasn't to informed about the different types of WLS so I had to do that research on my own & make my own decision regarding that & the internet & this site has been a lifesaver. So welcome, good luck & let us know what your PCP says after your appt. Candi aka The bandstalker
Most Active
Recent Topics