I need to find a psyc dr. in the cookeville area for assessment who won't charge an arm or a...

Pat H.
on 7/11/04 11:12 am - Cookeville, Tn
Candik2
on 7/12/04 1:23 am - South Central, TN
Is Nashville too far for you to drive? Also, do you have any type of mental health benefits w/your insurance? If not & if so I went to a great place in Nashville, they got me in quickly, accepted my insurance & didn't charge me a penny. They are used to doing these evals for this specific reason & they get the reports done really quickly. It's called the Athena Group & if you'd like more info I can get the phone number for you. Candi
goatswife
on 7/12/04 1:47 am - Nashville, TN
I also went to the Athena group, I was in and out quickly, and they quickly sent their report to my surgeons office. They didn't charge me a cent as I went through my EAP here at work. If you drive at all, it will be well worth the trip to Nashville. Let me know if you need help in getting their phone number. Carol
Tara S.
on 7/12/04 1:06 pm - Northwest, CO
I dont know how far cookeville is from Memphis but Dr. Amos is in Memphis and he is wonderful. Deals with Bariatric patients so that is a plus. You need to make sure your psyc doctor has a bariatric background so they understand you and why you want the surgery. Tara
ShrinkingKatie
on 7/12/04 1:06 pm - Crossville, TN
Ohh! I went to the Athena Group in Nashville too. Gosh, I was SO nervous about this appointment - more so then any of the other things that I had to do.... But oddly - once I saw the purple couch! LOL! I knew everything would be great. However, odd enough when I saw the purple bed at the hospital before surgery - I knew everything would go great too... However, the shrinks there - were really nice and helpful! The test thingy sucked though but I understand why it was needed too... Good luck, Katie
Most Active
Recent Topics